Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Must be more than a tripped breaker. Over a day later and they even have cones blocking them off.

IMG_9204.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Hey @JulienW , since I believe you live there at Atlantic Station, could I get you to help me monitor a possible construction site? Three months ago, Electrify America dropped a "coming soon" pin onto the Target store there at the edge of AS, part of the saturation coverage of metro Atlanta (20 sites over past two years) that EA deployed in their Cycle 2 phase. I have been stopping by there every 2-4 weeks since (including today!) but have yet to see anything. If you have two extra minutes once a week, can you detour through the Target deck and lot and see if any fencing has gone up or construction has started? It'll save me a trip :)

I don't know, and therefore I have indeed been driving through both (hence "deck and lot" above). I hope it's in the far corner of the deck because that parking LOT is ridiculously busy and the spots would get ICE'd. Standard EV charging wisdom. EA sites are typically located a middling distance from entrance, sometimes far, so fingers crossed.

I don't know, and therefore I have indeed been driving through both (hence "deck and lot" above). I hope it's in the far corner of the deck because that parking LOT is ridiculously busy and the spots would get ICE'd. Standard EV charging wisdom. EA sites are typically located a middling distance from entrance, sometimes far, so fingers crossed.
Nothing to see so far.

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisC
I remember there being a "coming soon" Pin at the Target @ Atlantic Station, but it's gone now. I wonder what happened?
There was no "coming Soon" Pin and Tesla doesn't accurately place Pins anyway. For instance there is now a Pin for a new Supercharger coming in the city limits BUT it is located right on top of the Capitol building. 🤣 (2ed pic) Here is an example of a Supercharger coming to Dublin and the Pin is in the center of the city but the KNOWN actual location is going to be at the red arrow.

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 4.31.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 4.31.58 PM.png

Last edited:
I remember there being a "coming soon" pin at the Target @ Atlantic Station, but it's gone now. I wonder what happened?

You might be remembering our discussion in this thread last January (just above) about Electrify America (not Tesla) planning a site for that Target. I had asked JulienW here to keep an eye on it for me since I knew he lived / worked there. However EA subsequently deleted the "coming soon" pin off their map and we stopped looking for it. EA had just completed "saturating" metro Atlanta with 20 sites, finishing by end of 2021, and this one was a surprise extra site that then didn't pan out after all.

Kinda odd since I moved to Atlantic Station a little over 3 years ago. We had the 10 stall Atlanta Supercharger and it was the main stop for almost all city and through traffic. And there were only a few other Superchargers close to the city (plus Urban SCs in Buckhead). They would fill up occasionally but figured as more were added around the city most of the through traffic would be routed away from us and the Atlanta station usage would go down or stabilize. Then we got the 20 L3 to add to the 10 L2’s. While happy I thought it might be little overkill and they might be underutilized since SOOOO many Superchargers have opened (and are opening) in the burbs. Now it is rare that less than 10 (original number) are being used at any time during the day. And even seeing a lot more times of them filling up with a queue. Just shows that the number of Teslas in the city and everywhere growing at a super fast clip.

Here it is a few minutes ago.

IMG_1996 (1).jpeg

Note that according to a new law (SB 146) passed in the Georgia state legislature this past spring, charging operators can now sell electricity by the kWh. Previously this ability was limited to public utilities (regulated by the PSC), hence the prior per-minute cost structure. The new law went into effect on July 1st.

(I don't think we need to state this in every single Georgia thread here, but I'll post this info wherever someone notes the pricing change.)