Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd still rather eat at somewhere in TigerTown vs. the dead mall. Also, TigerTown is on I-85, as opposed to 10-15 minutes off the interstate.

Off the top of my head, TigerTown has a BurgerFi, Taziki's, Newk's, BW3, CFA, Moe's, Jersey Mike's, Chicken Salad Chick, Olive Garden, El Patron, Arby's, Longhorn, MK Asian Kitchen...and there's a Target and a Kroger. Much better than the mall. Upside is the only thing ICEing charging stalls at the mall are tumbleweeds.

Edit: Not off the top of my head, there's also a Which Wich, Waffle House, McDonalds, Chipotle, Panda Express, Cook Out, Full Moon BBQ, Brick Oven Pizza, Kabuki Japanese steakhouse, Zaxby's, Subway and two Starbucks.
I got a chance to check out TigerTown yesterday and definitely agree with you, it’s a fantastic shopping center with practically everything (even a GameStop and a vacant RadioShack lol). It’s technically in Opelika, but it’s obviously the #1 location in the area and is perfect for travelers. And I’m sure it has areas that would avoid any ICEing at TigerTown.

Electrify America also has a location in Auburn, closer off of I-85 and at the Walmart Supercenter but with a similar offering otherwise. Though to be fair, the Tesla Supercharger is really 5-10 minutes off the interstate (but still out of the way as you said).

Reactions: BoddagettaRN
Electrify America also has a location in Auburn, closer off of I-85 and at the Walmart Supercenter but with a similar offering otherwise. Though to be fair, the Tesla Supercharger is really 5-10 minutes off the interstate (but still out of the way as you said).
Oh, yeah...that's a good location as well. Just a bit farther off the interstate, but there are some decent offerings.

I'll be honest, it's been a hot minute since I've actually been to the mall, so I was doing the time/distance calculus in my head from past experience.

Charged here on June 13th. The middle two chargers do not deliver full power FYI.
Can anyone give more status on the Auburn Al superchargers? Note that Tesla updated their Find Us | Tesla map with lots of new entries, but...

has removed the Auburn supercharger from their map, replaced with the gray icon which says "Auburn, AL Target opening in Q2 2022"

plugshare.com shows people charged August 3rd and July 21st... but noted that Charger 1A was out of service

Reactions: nogajim
It's working fine except for the one stall at the end that’s been down:

648EF6E4-AA83-4291-B28B-0BC1C784D21F.jpeg

They just screwed up on some map updates (on the website only). It looks like they overwrote certain existing location ID's with new ones. So it seems like they plan to put a second location in Auburn. Tiger Town is in Opelika, so the most convenient place to fit with this pin could be off the Bent Creek Rd/I-85 exit. They also started building a third Publix in Auburn (downtown off of Gay St), but I bet parking will be such an issue that a supercharger won't be placed at that location.

Regarding this location again, this post referred to the new Auburn location listed on the map lol: Supercharger - San Leandro, CA (in permitting, 12 V3 stalls)

Also, two changes to restaurants here. A Culver’s is being built on the other side of the mall (Newnan’s supercharger has one nearby too) and QPOT shut down/Lucky Pot has opened in its place.

Last edited:
I charged at almost the same time. Used 3B (on the end) and it charged without issue (it was game day and every stall was used while I charged).

I was curious as to why the tesla site doesn't have it listed (and showing as Q2 2022) but the in-car nav had it listed.

I charged at almost the same time. Used 3B (on the end) and it charged without issue (it was game day and every stall was used while I charged).

I was curious as to why the tesla site doesn't have it listed (and showing as Q2 2022) but the in-car nav had it listed.
It seems like when Tesla updated the website version of the map recently, they replaced some existing sites on accident with coming soon sites. It may mean a second supercharger is coming to Auburn but it’s impossible to know for sure.

Reactions: btenison
This site has gone to "Temporary Closure" and now "Reduced Service" on the in-car navigation. The first two stalls were unpowered for a while and it seems they've fixed those recently, but then the pin changed to "Reduced Service" this month when the last two stalls stopped working (though are lit). The site has still been able to charge cars this entire time and is still chugging along.

Actually stall 1b (and probably 1a) are still having issues and are charging from 2-8kW. After one of the people charging in the middle two stalls left, we switched to it and it's working fine. Now that Montgomery is open, you're better off passing by this one unless another site comes to Auburn :p

Attachments

• A925B517-41FE-4FCD-9056-7DCDD4CC6780.jpeg
    A925B517-41FE-4FCD-9056-7DCDD4CC6780.jpeg
    378.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Another site is coming to Auburn per the Tesla website. Interestingly when they updated the map last quarter they removed the current Auburn SC from the map as well. Tesla should be updating the map soon as the new quarter just started.
I'm keeping an eye out for permits, but haven't found anything. The permit map is the following, but has no public search features: Permit Map

I did some digging just now and apparently the underlying GIS API supports searching, so here's a better link to check from time to time: Query: Cityworks Permits (ID: 0)