Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, CA (LIVE 3 Feb 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woot looks like Auburn in Q4 of 2021.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210104-201804_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210104-201804_Facebook.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 496
Unfortunately that map on Tesla's website from marketing people has had little relation to what the supercharger team actually gets done. (No slam on the supercharger team! They often install MORE than what was on the marketing map)

Should we start guessing where it will be located? I would love if it was located next to Dutch Bros' coffee. It'd be close to the freeway, or maybe on Elm not too far from Starbucks (can you spot a pattern?). Any local has an educated guess? There is a Target but it's a bit far from 80.

I think the Raley's on Lincoln Way is my top spot. Freeway close and there are superchargers at Raley's in Sacramento and Loomis. Parking lot is big and rarely full.
Second guess is the Save Mart parking lot on Elm. Big lot, freeway close and already has a DC-FC installation.
Great locations for one. We live in Sac and pass that Save Mart on Elm as it’s on the way back from a lot of the hiking trails we visit, which are always packed. That’d be a great spot.

Tesla map was updated to "Q3 2021", so I took a look in the Placer County database and there is a permit application filed 4/20. Location is 13431 Bowman Rd, where the Foothills Motel is located. Attached is the permit screenshot. 12 stalls, north side of I-80, near Jimboy's Tacos, Chronic Tacos, Maria's Tacos, Taco Bell. Also, Weinerschnitzel, Beach Hut Deli, and probably a couple of other places I missed.

Auburn SC.jpg

Auburn, CA

Along Primary Interstates: I-80
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: CA-49

I-80

To: Truckee - Donner Pass, CA - 64.4 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Reno - N Sierra St, NV - 96.7 miles

CA-49

To: End (CA-70 Vinton, CA) - 131.6 miles
Diversion: 3.7 miles

V3 and more density on I-80.
Also along CA-49.

Desperately needed location as Rocklin has become very congested. It also gets me farther up the hill when I’m towing my camper so the pull to Truckee won’t require a full charge at Rocklin.

Great news!

The gap from Loomis, CA to Truckee - Donner Pass, CA is 75.4 miles, which isn't that much,but it's the first significant gap on I-80, so I'm not surprised that there's congestion.

3 great taco joints within a 3 minute walk. This may be the best supercharger location yet.

Just curious, but do you like tacos?

The gap from Loomis, CA to Truckee - Donner Pass, CA is 75.4 miles, which isn't that much,but it's the first significant gap on I-80, so I'm not surprised that there's congestion.
It may be 75 actual miles, but my experience is that it is nearly twice that in battery drain due to the uphill .. maybe 140 to 150 miles of charge or so. The opposite direction is more fun when I use about 50 miles of charge for a 95 mile trip. For those who have enough charge to easily make it to Auburn, it may be a better choice than Rocklin, especially if they are heading as far as the Reno/Sparks area.

It may be 75 actual miles, but my experience is that it is nearly twice that in battery drain due to the uphill .. maybe 140 to 150 miles of charge or so. The opposite direction is more fun when I use about 50 miles of charge for a 95 mile trip. For those who have enough charge to easily make it to Auburn, it may be a better choice than Rocklin, especially if they are heading as far as the Reno/Sparks area.
Indeed. From the bay, I would arrive in Auburn with 100 miles of range or less. So, lower SOC, faster charge.

Reactions: Gaige
Sorry, I live in Undulationland, so I often forgot about the mountain problem.