Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks as if there will be a medical office opening up next year, in the end closest to the food court. But we did not wander very far from the food court and bathrooms, so we did not notice any other activity underway on renovations. Any idea what is planned?

There isn't anything being done there other than the medical center. The supercharger in Leominster is almost done though, and will probably be more interesting of a place to stop than Auburn.

Sure, but that's at least an hour stop, if not longer. If I only need to charge for 20 minutes and don't need to stop for a longer meal, that's too far out of the way. But if you need a full range charge, that seems like a good alternative.
All they need is a 24hour McDonalds or something in the parking lot near the chargers. A quick bite and a bathroom.

In nice weather you can walk around the pond across the street from the SC and eat on picnic
tables by the library in view of the rockets in honor of liquid propellent pioneer Robert Goddard.
Goddard Rocket Launching Site - Wikipedia

You can actually see the tips of the rockets from your car while supercharging.
What they fail to mention at the lovely National Historic Landmark is that Goddard was run out of Auburn (and Massachusetts) by the town Fire Marshall after those initial flights. That is why all later launches happened in N.M.

I've stopped at Auburn twice on my way from southern CT to NH. It's ok. I agree the food options in the mall are limited, and there are no real options outside business hours. I'm looking forward to the Manchester, CT supercharger opening. That may end up being a better option for the NYC-Boston route.

Reactions: chjch
Is it just me or do ALL SC charge reallllll sloooooowwww when temps are below freezing? Initially had 60 miles per hour, went up to about 120 miles or so, still felt it was slow for SC......never SC anywhere else in these temps.
We've been on the cape doing day trips the last couple of days and had to charge in Sagamore each day. The charging has been fast despite being a tad below freezing.

Is it just me or do ALL SC charge reallllll sloooooowwww when temps are below freezing? Initially had 60 miles per hour, went up to about 120 miles or so, still felt it was slow for SC......never SC anywhere else in these temps.

Supercharging rate is 0 when the pack is freezing. You won't figure what temperature the pack is without tm-spy.

Stopped here last Thursday on our way to Philly and it's pretty sad. Half the food options in the mall are closed / being replaced and there's nothing really convenient in walking distance. We just hit the restrooms then continued on to the Charlton rest stop (where the SC should be) to get food. Thankfully I was getting a high rate for the 12 minutes we were at the Auburn SC...

One option in the nice weather is to take out from a place within driving distance and walk to the park on the other side of the pond (directly across the street from the SC) and eat at the picnic tables. I've only done this with the pizza place in the caboose though.

Reactions: chjch
Just a quick update on the dining situation here. All plans for a building for retail or restaurant in the parking lot have been scrapped as of right now. But, Stewarts All American is opening soon in the foot court, so that will give you an option aside from Mexican.

• Informative
Reactions: ThosEM
@BlueShift The location of this SuperCharger is a litle off on supercharger.info. The location on Google Maps is correct.

upload_2018-9-30_19-58-56.png

One option in the nice weather is to take out from a place within driving distance and walk to the park on the other side of the pond (directly across the street from the SC) and eat at the picnic tables. I've only done this with the pizza place in the caboose though.

I've been meaning to do that, as the park you mention is a memorial to Robert H Goddard, the original rocket scientist who did his early rocket launches from nearby in Auburn. There might be some items of interest there...