Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No progress. Meter still off. A bit of the new tar covering the long trench from the manhole was ripped up by the snow plows and payloaders, but the conduit should be ok. The snow pile doesn't obstruct the stalls or the manhole, and someone's going to have to connect it all down the manhole I suppose before the transformer will start up. Stay tuned.

I stopped by to check in on the West Hartford site and who happens to be there, the head guy for all the super chargers on the East Coast. He was doing some final software updates and the West Hartford site will be live tonight. I asked about Auburn and he said it should be live by next Wed.

Reactions: kayak1
I doubt that Tesla intentionally delays getting construction started. The permitting process has its own pace.

never said it's intenional, but if the permitting doesn't come through until November/December, they probably should wait to start construction, especially in NH and ME, where the ground freezes early. It just ends up costing more money and frustrating everyone involved to attempt winter construction in New England

never said it's intenional, but if the permitting doesn't come through until November/December, they probably should wait to start construction, especially in NH and ME, where the ground freezes early. It just ends up costing more money and frustrating everyone involved to attempt winter construction in New England

Well, that makes a lot of sense, but it did not stop Tesla from building Superchargers across Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, etc during last winter's arctic vortex. Those temperatures make coastal Maine seem balmy.

The planners in Palo Alto and Hawthorne don't seem to understand winter...

Agreed. No problem to build SC in winter. Go Tesla, come to Maine!
With global warming we have not had a real Maine winter in 10 years.
Snowy yes, brutal cold for weeks on end, no. Ice out is shorter each spring and sap from maple trees run about a month earlier.
Furthermore the frost line is not what it once was.