Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do hope this site is up running by Sat. I am taking a friend to Logan airport (180 miles round trip)and with the cold temps reducing the car's range, I don't feel comfortable making the trip via 84/MA pike. Without Auburn, I will have to go through RI on the return trip. Yes I know that I cold stop at the Niatic Mall, but I can't plan/trust that the limited HPWC in the parking garage will be available, so close to Christmas.

Thanks for the updates.

How about tesla service center to charge

Perhaps calling ahead will allow you reserve a time on the HPWC. There are also several NEMA 14-50 outlets so if you bring your UMC, you can at least put on some extra charge while lunching or shopping at the mall...

I do hope this site is up running by Sat. I am taking a friend to Logan airport (180 miles round trip)and with the cold temps reducing the car's range, I don't feel comfortable making the trip via 84/MA pike. Without Auburn, I will have to go through RI on the return trip. Yes I know that I cold stop at the Niatic Mall, but I can't plan/trust that the limited HPWC in the parking garage will be available, so close to Christmas.

Thanks for the updates.

Thanks for the updates.
#1 - If you are staying at Logan for any length of time (as opposed to "drop off and run"), there are something like 20+ 30A chargepoints in central parking and 4 in Terminal B (United/American) parking. I've never seen them full, but who knows how it'll be at the start of Christmas travel. You can check the chargepoint site to see if they are in use.

If you try to park, make sure to tell the people at the entrance that you want to go use the electric car parking chargers for short term parking. Otherwise they might try to direct you to the free valet that they do in peak travel times. Look for the signs to hybrid/electric car parking

#2 - Tesla Service in Watertown is open 8-4 Sat. They have 80A HPWC's.

#3 - If you haven't been to the Natick store, the Tesla parking is a bit hard to get to, and probably the last to fill up. That whole side of the garage's first floor has been empty every time I've been there (which admittedly, hasn't been the weekend before Christmas). They have 2 HPWC's and 4 14-50's at Natick, so it will have to be pretty crowded for you not to get a plug.

#4 - Lastly, look at plugshare. There's a few 14-50's and HPWC's right off the Pike in Newton and Brookline.

With a little planning, you should be fine. No need to take the long way throught RI.

Generator is gone. Meter still off.

I wouldn't recommend the L2s at Logan. You may luck out, but they've been full up when I've tried to use them.

Somewhere near Logan would be a good spot for SCs, for everybody ferrying people in or out.

The ones closest to terminal E (international) are the most available in my experience.

JFK has a Supercharger in a lot with a gas station, convenience store and fast food. Also useful if you park long term while traveling and want to top up afterwards.

Thanks for all the ideas and I certainly didn't mean to change the focus of this thread. I am just dropping off a friend and don't have plans to hang out at the airport. I will probably just shoot down 95 to E. Greenwich., charge the car and grab something to eat since it will be about 5-5:30 by the time I get there.

I will also be keeping an eye out here for any possible updates, unlikely, but worth checking just the same. That is of course if anyone is going by there tomorrow. I will be dropping off my friend at 4 pm.

To coin a verb: it's been Sagamored?
(Built properly, passed inspection but held up due to the out-of-state location of a tradesman's license-issuing authority)

edited: Maybe "Sagged" is better. Has the right connotation and yet you don't have to know the whole backstory...
Is Auburn being Sagged?

Last edited:
Does anyone here actually live in Auburn (local voters have more power than out-of-towner's), or have any connections to town officials who can call and find out what's going on?

IIRC, there was no motion on Sagamore until locals got involved and started putting pressure on the town officials, who then put pressure on the electrical inspector.

I can totally see the Sagamore inspector fuming after being "put in his place", and making it his duty to call inspectors in other MA towns with Tesla projects and trying to cause trouble.

Does anyone here actually live in Auburn (local voters have more power than out-of-towner's), or have any connections to town officials who can call and find out what's going on?

IIRC, there was no motion on Sagamore until locals got involved and started putting pressure on the town officials, who then put pressure on the electrical inspector.

I can totally see the Sagamore inspector fuming after being "put in his place", and making it his duty to call inspectors in other MA towns with Tesla projects and trying to cause trouble.

I agree, it is best to keep it local. Do we know it is only in town hands, at this point? The generator was a sign Tesla wasn't done, while people thought it was time to approach Auburn's officials. The town has a website, with clerk and inspector numbers. I doubt anyone from Auburn has a Tesla, and it may be some nice, well placed, phone calls that help.

Generator is gone. Meter still off.

I wouldn't recommend the L2s at Logan. You may luck out, but they've been full up when I've tried to use them.

Somewhere near Logan would be a good spot for SCs, for everybody ferrying people in or out.

All the Logan L2s are ChargePoint, so you can see their status on the ChargePoint website map. With 2-4 stalls at 6 (?) locations, it's worth checking out where there are a couple free. Central Parking is usually the best bet, even if you're leaving from terminal B, because there are clusters of charging at the corners of Central.