Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with Tom Keller, Auburn Wiring inspector. There's no problem on his end. He told me that he went on Friday to inspect the service connection and it passed. And the contractor is from Northboro, so no license issues. He said the Tesla rep he spoke with indicated power would be live as of yesterday. They had to do it on Sunday, because it involved shutting down power to parts of Macy's and the mall to make the connection. So, it may be live now. It's only a couple miles from me, so I'm going to pop over there now and see what's up. Tom didn't know if there might be other hold ups involving the Auburn DPU, or National Grid. If it's not up and running, I'll see what I can find out later.

Just got off the phone with Tom Keller, Auburn Wiring inspector. There's no problem on his end. He told me that he went on Friday to inspect the service connection and it passed. And the contractor is from Northboro, so no license issues. He said the Tesla rep he spoke with indicated power would be live as of yesterday. They had to do it on Sunday, because it involved shutting down power to parts of Macy's and the mall to make the connection. So, it may be live now. It's only a couple miles from me, so I'm going to pop over there now and see what's up. Tom didn't know if there might be other hold ups involving the Auburn DPU, or National Grid. If it's not up and running, I'll see what I can find out later.

Thanks for this update. I have a trip from upstate NY, to the Berkshire, and ultimately to Boston and back, coming up in 10 days. A supercharger in Auburn would make this do-able in my S85...otherwise I will be taking my wife's ICE, which I hate to do! Please keep the site updated - and THANK YOU!

Looking forward to having the rest of New England up and running soon, and then perhaps some Superchargers across upstate NY (Buffalo, Syracuse, Binghamton).

Eric

Meter has a small sticker that reads: Multiply by 100, so reading of .04 kWh means 4 kWh

on 3.JPG
on 1.JPG
on 2.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ya, and the transformer has a nice purr of a hum. Happy charging! Happy New Year!

IT IS ALIVE!!!!!! WHOOO HOO!!! Plugged in and charging. I came in with 166 miles and she is charging at 184 miles per hour.

Great to hear!

The second Auburn Supercharger is alive, but this one does not have much interest in playing Alabama...

- - - Updated - - -

Meter has a small sticker that reads: Multiply by 100, so reading of .04 kWh means 4 kWh

View attachment 67486

A multiplier like this is very typical of Current Tap (CT) meters on large feeds. It will be very interesting to see how much use this Supercharger Site gets. Try to record the meter reading every once in a while if you can.

4 kWh seems like a short test; at 120 kW that would only be 2 minutes of Supercharging...