Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, charging at auburn right now (1am). Auburn police car drove by behind me, pointing his spot light at me, then continued on, turned into the parking lot, aimed his spot light again at the car, drove up to the car and stared at the front for a bit. Then he drove a little past, turned around, stared at the car from the side, probably looking at the fact it was charging. I rolled the window down but he didn't seem interested in talking. Stopped by the front of the car again, stared again at the front (at the logo?) and then he drove away!

It was kinda weird. I couldn't tell if he was confused, had never seen a car charging here before, or at least this late at night, or had gotten a call or something. I kinda wish he would have talked to me! Was kinda bummed he just drove away :(

Lol, charging at auburn right now (1am). Auburn police car drove by behind me, pointing his spot light at me, then continued on, turned into the parking lot, aimed his spot light again at the car, drove up to the car and stared at the front for a bit. Then he drove a little past, turned around, stared at the car from the side, probably looking at the fact it was charging. I rolled the window down but he didn't seem interested in talking. Stopped by the front of the car again, stared again at the front (at the logo?) and then he drove away!

It was kinda weird. I couldn't tell if he was confused, had never seen a car charging here before, or at least this late at night, or had gotten a call or something. I kinda wish he would have talked to me! Was kinda bummed he just drove away :(

Funny: I was there this past week as well. I didn't find the Auburn SC location to be very nice (no lighting, a bit industrial looking at night). I would not have wanted to be there for the first time (as I was at midnight Sunday night), with no orientation to my surroundings, and have a police officer driving around looking in again...and again...and again. Kinda creepy.

For the record, when I drove back through the following day (daylight hours), I noticed that the surroundings weren't terrible, and the nearby Mall was OK.

We stopped twice in Auburn to charge over New Years. It looks as though the location is providing some normal curiosity for local residents. The mall security drove out to check us out. She was friendly and waved. Security will probably include that area during their normal rounds, although I don't know if they're 24/7.

A fellow with dealer plates driving a Dodge Hellcat pulled up in front of us. He stopped for a bit just to watch. I waved and he returned.

There is also high visibility from the adjacent road. Noticed numerous vehicles slow way up and turn heads. Easy to catch in the backup camera.

Yeah, I've had the mall cop in Natick come talk to us (again at 2am-ish) and had a local auburn resident come up to us at Auburn, but never gotten a spotlight to the face before, lol. I'm assuming the cop initially thought there was nobody in the car.

I've had random other cars pull up while I'm charging there. One stopped and spoke to me, the other drove around, took pictures and left. Teslas are just very new for that area. Hopefully the interest lowers a bit. Some of the encounters were a bit awkward.

Just returned from a RT trip to Philly from Maine, made possible by this Auburn supercharger.

While the charging rate and ease of access are excellent, the local amenities gets low marks. The mall opens at 10am, and closes at 9pm except Sunday, when it closes at 6pm. The pizza place across Auburn St makes good pizza and calzones, but it has no seating space (aside from a few chairs intended for patrons waiting for pick-up). Or it's a quarter-mile walk to Dunkin' Donuts or Arby's on Southbridge St. DD's is open 4am-midnight, which is great. It's not visible from the SC site, so it's easy to miss.

URGENT: charging here now at 1 am and this area is under serious construction. Near the transformer is a small opening for our cars to enter and exit.

If this area (near transformer) wasn't available then I am afraid the charger would not be usable. I hope tesla is on this and listening.

URGENT: charging here now at 1 am and this area is under serious construction. Near the transformer is a small opening for our cars to enter and exit.

If this area (near transformer) wasn't available then I am afraid the charger would not be usable. I hope tesla is on this and listening.

There is a phone number on most pedestals, 877-798-3752. Whenever there is an issue, call that number and actively report it.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Looks like they cleaned it up quite a bit. They dug a long trench leading to the electrical box. This has since been filled in and not obstructing access any more. Looks they re-dug the trench in front of the SC's. Not sure how the pics will look as it's pretty dark.

Construction and damage at Auburn SC

We came through Auburn yesterday on our way from Chicago to Boston and also saw the construction activity at the site. Apparently, they are currently installing new concrete curb stones. First, I was worried that they had disabled the site - we only had a few miles left - but I managed to drive up close enough to the charger at the far end and it was active. Puh.
I also noted that the last two chargers were damaged, whether that was a result of the construction activity or happened before I could not tell, but looking at the damage it appears that the plastic casing of the charger is not very stable.
I am attaching a few pics to document.

IMG_2292.jpg
IMG_2294.jpg
IMG_2296.jpg
IMG_2295.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed the cracks on 4A and 4B a few weeks ago. At the time I thought that the damage was caused by the cables being improperly returned. Careless users in a rush or perhaps just inexperienced? I thought a strip of rubber conforming to the bottom of the curved shape would better protect the plastic. It seems during cold weather this area would be more vulnerable to a dropped cable.

Still odd that it happened to pedestals situated side by side. Always the possibility that it was vandalism.