Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Credits to Resolute Soul for the tip from this thread.

No idea whether this is Urban vs 120kW or actual number of stalls yet. I expect it to be 10+ stalls given the cost of project ~$150000

Exciting news for visitors to Mount Rainier in the summer and skiiers to Crystal in the winter.

Capture.PNG

Well this is awesome. I live in Auburn so pretty cool to see.

Now that I think about it, it’s not super beneficial to me because charging at home is cheaper (no free supercharging) and if I’m taking trips somewhere it would have been better to have them further along on my route.

Hopefully Yakima will happen this year too

With a six figure valuation and Tesla mentioned on the permit, I am almost positive that it will be a supercharger. Could be either urban or "classic." I would say urban is a slight favorite because it's at a mall. But I could also see the argument that it's for long distance travel connecting I-5 and I-90. I suspect, however, that we will get a classic supercharger that is actually on I-5 in the next year or two.

With a six figure valuation and Tesla mentioned on the permit, I am almost positive that it will be a supercharger. Could be either urban or "classic." I would say urban is a slight favorite because it's at a mall. But I could also see the argument that it's for long distance travel connecting I-5 and I-90. I suspect, however, that we will get a classic supercharger that is actually on I-5 in the next year or two.

Malls are the most common location for classic Superchargers, so I don't think the location is telling.

I think classic because it's a cut-through to/from I-90.
Not knowing the traffic evils there, I don't know whether you'd want to skip I-5 anyway N-S at times.

This would seem to largely solve the missing Olympia need which to me says "regular". But considering how soon V3 is theoretically rolling out I feel like Tesla is heavily leaning on Urban chargers to not invest in outdated tech. I say 50/50.
I might be biased since I'm a Seattle/Olympia guy who mostly travels along I-5, but I definitely think they need one along I-5 in Olympia or Tacoma. Of course both would be nice, but the current situation of not having any along I-5 between Lynnwood and Centralia is just crazy.

I might be biased since I'm a Seattle/Olympia guy who mostly travels along I-5, but I definitely think they need one along I-5 in Olympia or Tacoma. Of course both would be nice, but the current situation of not having any along I-5 between Lynnwood and Centralia is just crazy.
Agreed. I think eventually there will be SCs in both Olympia and Tacoma, maybe even Renton/Tukwila, Bothell and Bremerton, in addition to Kirkland, UW, North Bend. Unfortunately, unless Tesla can somehow locate 40-unit SCs in the Tacoma to Everett corridor, they will continually need more of these smaller 8-12 unit builds. What happens when Tesla sells 500,000 EVs?