Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely appreciate you relaying the info, but I am in skeptic's corner with his claim. My general experience is that Tesla employees don't know a whole lot about the near future of supercharger openings. We have had much more accuracy simply using crowd-sourced info from this forum and supercharge.info. To be blunt, I would be willing to risk a large portion of my net worth that Enumclaw will not be the next supercharger to open in WA.
Well.... what’s your net worth? Someone may take you up on it :D

Reactions: Salvo
Definitely appreciate you relaying the info, but I am in skeptic's corner with his claim. My general experience is that Tesla employees don't know a whole lot about the near future of supercharger openings. We have had much more accuracy simply using crowd-sourced info from this forum and supercharge.info. To be blunt, I would be willing to risk a large portion of my net worth that Enumclaw will not be the next supercharger to open in WA.
He said Spokane was next but who really knows.

I didn't do this when it was first found.

Auburn, WA

Along Primary Interstates: I-5
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: WA-18, WA-167

I-5

To: Lynnwood, WA (WA-167, I-405) - 42.2 miles
Diversion: 4 miles
To: Arlington, WA - 70.1 miles

To: Bellevue,WA (WA-167, I-405) - 25.5 miles
From: Aberdeen, WA (US-12, WA-12, US-101, I-5, WA-512, WA-167) - 90.8 miles
To: North Bend, WA (Construction) (WA-18, I-90) - 35.9 miles

Seems like a pretty handy location for N-S, E-W and S-E travel.

A bit a diversion from I-5, but not too bad, and split a 103.6 mile gap from Centralia, WA to Lynwood, WA, so that the only gaps of 100 miles or more along I-5 are in the Northern California to Oregon connection (Sacramento, CA to Corning, CA to Mt. Shasta, CA to Grants Pass, OR to Springfield OR; Williams, CA will split Sacramento, CA to Corning, CA).

Auburn, WA

I-5

A bit a diversion from I-5, but not too bad, and split a 103.6 mile gap from Centralia, WA to Lynwood, WA, so that the only gaps of 100 miles or more along I-5 are in the Northern California to Oregon connection (Sacramento, CA to Corning, CA to Mt. Shasta, CA to Grants Pass, OR to Springfield OR; Williams, CA will split Sacramento, CA to Corning, CA).

I would agree that Auburn is a good location for I-5 travel. Tesla probably got a good real estate deal at the outlet mall.

Reactions: Potpourri
Those stats don’t include the downtown Seattle Supercharger, but I’m guessing that was intentional?

This Supercharger is the single most exciting one to open for me. I don’t have easy charging access at home and make lots of trips from Seattle to South Hill and back. This charger is almost right in the middle of that journey.

Cooking

Attachments

• A9C5AD29-4303-4DBB-8DF7-E960C6271A88.jpeg
    A9C5AD29-4303-4DBB-8DF7-E960C6271A88.jpeg
    506.8 KB · Views: 77
Those stats don’t include the downtown Seattle Supercharger, but I’m guessing that was intentional?

This Supercharger is the single most exciting one to open for me. I don’t have easy charging access at home and make lots of trips from Seattle to South Hill and back. This charger is almost right in the middle of that journey.
To me the Seattle supercharger is in an inconvenient spot plus for those of us with free supercharging I dont want to have to pay to park while I charge

Auburn, WA

I-5

And most importantly for us in eastern WA, at least until North Bend is finished, it’s about 90 mi to Cle Elum and 107 mi to Ellensburg.

Reactions: Potpourri
The most useful aspect for me is round trip Seattle to Olympia. Used to be 100 miles with nowhere to top off if you weren't continuing to Centralia or Aberdeen.

It is a good idea to look at round trips.
When I first started driving Teslas back in 2016, I used to frequently drive between Marysville and Olympia and back. Back then the Arlington, Lynnwood, Issaquah, Seattle, Monroe, and Auburn superchargers didn't exist, so I often had to detour all the way to Centralia just to make the return trip. Needless to say the situation has improved!

The most useful aspect for me is round trip Seattle to Olympia. Used to be 100 miles with nowhere to top off if you weren't continuing to Centralia or Aberdeen.

It is a good idea to look at round trips.

I wish Tesla would let us plan navigation this way. I know they do the battery left estimate for return to starting location but I’d really like the ability to do the whole thing for a round trip. I also know ABRP can be helpful but would appreciate it right in the nav

Reactions: im.thatoneguy
I wish Tesla would let us plan navigation this way. I know they do the battery left estimate for return to starting location but I’d really like the ability to do the whole thing for a round trip. I also know ABRP can be helpful but would appreciate it right in the nav

For complicated trips, with stops and diversions, etc. I just run it on the phone, or the net browser, and use the nav point to point. A kludge sure, but it works.

I would agree that Auburn is a good location for I-5 travel. Tesla probably got a good real estate deal at the outlet mall.
For those travelling north or south who are not stopping in Seattle, SR167 and I-405 (the Eastside) are often a smoother-sailing option around Seattle compared to taking I-5 through downtown Seattle, although there are fewer travel lanes on those roads. So for these folks, Auburn is probably a great option.

Take the short stretch of SR18 between I-5 and SR167, rather than SR167 all the way to/from Tacoma, it gets slow in that area or take a combination of SR512 and SR167 for the southern portion of your I-5 bypassing trip.

Last edited:

Auburn, WA

I-5

Oh, I just realized that Lynnwood, WA is an Urban Supercharger, which I ignore. So 2 on is Burlington, WA.

I-5

To: Burlington, WA - 91.3 miles