Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have any advanced knowledge, but looking at the satellite map, a great location would be on the north side, on Outlet Collection Way across from the Walmart gas station. There looks to be buried power, with several distribution boxes, and this is significantly away from the entrance. They could put up to 30 stalls, or just 8-12, with additional space reserved for the future, or even Electrify America stations. Another possible location would be on the WSW corner, again on Outlet Collection Way, but I didn’t see any electrical there.

After my trip last week to LA, I think it would be better for this location to have 72kW urban chargers. Everytime I went to a an LA area 120kW SC i was paired up and was always on the short end of the stick and stuck at 30-60kW.
Yes, at the busy stations it doesn't make much difference. The 120kW installs are probably slightly faster overall, but the 72kWs are more consistent. In terms of planning and getting places on time, consistency is arguably more important.

Credits to Resolute Soul for the tip from this thread.

No idea whether this is Urban vs 120kW or actual number of stalls yet. I expect it to be 10+ stalls given the cost of project ~$150000

Exciting news for visitors to Mount Rainier in the summer and skiiers to Crystal in the winter.

View attachment 375024

I have it on good authority that this is slated for 12 - 120 kW stalls at a minimum. Level 2s would be a great idea for this particular use just wonder if the property owner is open to them.

Cheers!

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I might be biased since I'm a Seattle/Olympia guy who mostly travels along I-5, but I definitely think they need one along I-5 in Olympia or Tacoma. Of course both would be nice, but the current situation of not having any along I-5 between Lynnwood and Centralia is just crazy.

Agreed, I'd imagine both are in the works. I would suggest looking for open permit applications in Tumwater, WA as that is a good in/out location for a number routes off the I-5 for the southend.

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0
Seriously Tacoma needs one. Or at least I need one, I visit every 6 months or so and the house I stay at, I can't even draw at 110, electrical is so old. Driving to Centralia or Lynwood sucked. Auburn is a definite step up though! Maybe they will get the new superchargers in Tacoma if it takes a while :)

Reactions: Yarder
Agreed, I'd imagine both are in the works. I would suggest looking for open permit applications in Tumwater, WA as that is a good in/out location for a number routes off the I-5 for the southend.
Is that another fruitful hint Resolute Soul? I spent some time on the Tumwater permits search page, but it's not designed very well for searching. I can tell that since 2019 there does not seem to be any new permits filed for Tesla chargers. I'm hoping it was filed already in 2018? :)

Is that another fruitful hint Resolute Soul? I spent some time on the Tumwater permits search page, but it's not designed very well for searching. I can tell that since 2019 there does not seem to be any new permits filed for Tesla chargers. I'm hoping it was filed already in 2018? :)

Yes, filed 2018, but not full building permit and electrical is WA L&I which will be pulled by the contractor once awarded to them. You could also try searching utility permit applications...

That's 34 saved round-trip miles for someone visiting Seattle from Portland. Also this is probably the much sought after Olympia Supercharger for people heading to the coast.
Yes but still about a 10 mile detour for people heading out to the coast and a 20 mile detour for me on my Seattle-Olympia-Seattle trips. Admittedly much better than the current 44 and 54 mile detours.

I will stop complaining when something gets put in on I-5 between Seattle and Olympia. I am not picky as to where it goes on that stretch!

Anyways another thread has been created for the Tumwater supercharger, so we can take the discussion over there.