Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I stopped by today. It's possible I missed something, but I don't recall any pictures so far that note that this charging site has a nice view:

IMG_20191107_150157 - Copy.jpg

We were the fifth vehicle to arrive - 4 Xs, and 1 S. 7 stalls still open. We started at about half full, but still got well over 100kW to start. I think (?) we were the only ones that stayed with our car - it looked like all of the other drivers had gone inside the mall.

I went there last night, 11/23, to supercharge in my 2019 M3 SR+. To get the Supercharger to show up on the navigation and direct me to the Supercharger, I used the Supercharger "button" on the far right of the screen. Don't know if the car was pre-heating the battery for charging or not. Ended up using the stall that was closest to the electrical cabinets. However, I was a little disappointed that the charging never went higher than 100KW. I started with about 15 Miles of charge when I got there, and it stayed at 100KW until it dropped down below that a little while after I got above 100 - 120 miles of charge.

Each stall has only 1 plug, so it didn't feel like I was sharing. Also, the stall next to mine was only occupied half the time I was there. We need some more data points from other M3 drivers so I can figure out if it was the stall, the conditions, or my SR+ that was the reason it never went above 100KW.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
I went there last night, 11/23, to supercharge in my 2019 M3 SR+. To get the Supercharger to show up on the navigation and direct me to the Supercharger, I used the Supercharger "button" on the far right of the screen. Don't know if the car was pre-heating the battery for charging or not. Ended up using the stall that was closest to the electrical cabinets. However, I was a little disappointed that the charging never went higher than 100KW. I started with about 15 Miles of charge when I got there, and it stayed at 100KW until it dropped down below that a little while after I got above 100 - 120 miles of charge.

Each stall has only 1 plug, so it didn't feel like I was sharing. Also, the stall next to mine was only occupied half the time I was there. We need some more data points from other M3 drivers so I can figure out if it was the stall, the conditions, or my SR+ that was the reason it never went above 100KW.
Its v2 supercharger so if someone was next to you then you would be sharing. Next time use one that does not have anyone next to it and see where your rate gets too. Also, it's been cold so if your battery was not warm enough it would not hit the optimal charging rate.

• Informative
Reactions: Salvo and Rocky_H

Right now SR+ is software limited to 100kW supercharging speed. It was announced that the limit is going to be removed so it can hit ~145kW on V2 stations (about the max the stations can do) but the software update hasn’t been released yet...

• Informative
Reactions: Potpourri