Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right now SR+ is software limited to 100kW supercharging speed. It was announced that the limit is going to be removed so it can hit ~145kW on V2 stations (about the max the stations can do) but the software update hasn’t been released yet...
Interesting! Can you tell me where you saw that (both that it was limited and that it was going to be removed)? Was it in the release notes for the last update?

Interesting! Can you tell me where you saw that (both that it was limited and that it was going to be removed)? Was it in the release notes for the last update?

I don't think it's been officially announced that it's been software limited, but it's pretty clean when looking at a large number of SR+ owners and the data that ABetterRoutePlanner has gathered over time. ( Tesla Supercharging - Summer 2019 Update About half way down the page you'll see the graph)

Tesla plans to increase vehicle power, range, and charging through new software update - Electrek <-- That shows where Musk said on a conference call that supercharging speed for SR/SR+ would increase with a coming software update.

I think there was initial talk that it was rolling out with 2019.36.1, but that quickly got pulled and replaced with a .2 release which went wide and didn't have the increase in supercharging speed.

MASTER THREAD: V 2019.40.1 with 170kW charging for SR+ and Neural Net wipers <-- There was a single tweet showing 2019.40.1 release notes that mentioned the 170kW supercharging rate. That release hasn't gone out to almost anyone yet, so it's probably a very limited release for testing... I still suspect the faster rate is coming though as technically there shouldn't be any reason the battery can't handle that speed (it scales almost perfectly for how fast the Long Range does when you factor the smaller capacity)

Note: 170kW will only be seen on V3 superchargers (very limited number of them now, but they're being built out more and more). It'll likely only hit 170kW for a short time, maybe 10 to 15% of the battery capacity, the same behavior is seen in the LR pack on V3 when it hits 250kW. I'll take anything I can get, but it really will only shorten charge times by about one to two minutes compared to V2 stations. On V2 stations you can expect about 140 to 145kW real world, even if the station shows 150kW on SuperCharge.info or something and you'll see it around 5 to 10% of state of charge to about 50% state of charge, then it'll taper down as you continue to reach higher SOC.

Its v2 supercharger so if someone was next to you then you would be sharing.
Sometimes correct. Probably correct for Auburn.

Elaborating...

Look at the numbers and letters on the stalls. Each number is shared with others of the same number. For example, 1A and 1B share. Sometimes the letters are neighbors (1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, …) but sometimes not (1A, 2A, 3A, 1B, 2B).

Update:
right-most pedestal is 1A

11th from the right is _A

There are twelve pedestals total.

This suggests to me the pattern at Auburn is:
{ 6B, 6A, 5B, 5A, 4B, 4A, 3B, 3C, 2B, 2A, 1B, 1A }

Last edited:
I understand but if you have to charge and dont have enough range to get to the next one you have to stop anyways whether it shows all full or the number is incorrect. To me the number of stalls and if they are occupied or not is a mute point when I have to charge. I stop either way and I will wait in line if I have to.

I understand but if you have to charge and dont have enough range to get to the next one you have to stop anyways whether it shows all full or the number is incorrect. To me the number of stalls and if they are occupied or not is a mute point when I have to charge. I stop either way and I will wait in line if I have to.
Key words in bold text.

We had the opposite problem at Ellensburg at Thanksgiving. All were open so we skipped Cle Elum, only to get the last very slow spot. It was Thanksgiving Day so we weren’t sure if the new coffee place would be open.

Bad choice, regardless of the amenities. IMO.
Yup. After waiting a good 30 min for an open charger in Ellensburg (after skipping an obviously wide open Cle Elum) on our way to Spokane on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, we won’t be going back there. Combine that with Tesla locking out Ritzville as “Tempararily closed” causing the nav to want us to go BACK to Cle Elum from Ellensburg to get to Spokane, and we can’t wait for Moses Lake to open. It was f’ing ridiculous.

Yup. After waiting a good 30 min for an open charger in Ellensburg (after skipping an obviously wide open Cle Elum) on our way to Spokane on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, we won’t be going back there. Combine that with Tesla locking out Ritzville as “Tempararily closed” causing the nav to want us to go BACK to Cle Elum from Ellensburg to get to Spokane, and we can’t wait for Moses Lake to open. It was f’ing ridiculous.
All good info, but......Auburn SC?:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: Potpourri and Salvo
is it just me or is this SuC always extremely slow, regardless of state of charge. I was there this AM with only 1 other car and still only maxed out at 40kw (I started at 60%). Even when I have tried it at starting SOC at 30% it is still a fraction of what it should ramp up to initially. Not an A/B issue.