Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, just took a look at the Auburn Supercharger and the FW EA sit I was complaining talking about.

Several thoughts/details:
1) As a fan of EVs in general and someone that wants to see a dramatic increase in EV adoption, I wish there was a message board to track charger developments for all brands with the same level of obsessiveness I see from the fine folks here.

2) The EV charger construction next to the Auburn Supercharger is in fact Electrify America. When I drove by I didn't see anything EA branded, and honestly wondered if it was an expansion of the supercharger site, which was pretty full (only one open spot, IIRC) A quick search of the Auburn permit site reveals without a doubt it's an EA site. I love that it's right next to the superchargers! Let everyone see that EVs are common/normal as they drive by.
Auburn permit site: eTRAKiT
Permit number: TEN20-0077
Very detailed planning document: https://permitcenter.auburnwa.gov/e...ActivityNo=TEN20-0077&key=SL:2005260219281653

3) The Federal Way EA site may have possibly resumed construction. There is a transformer on site which I do not recall being there previously, and a porta-potty on site which may indicate an active construction site. The permit for that has not been updated since 2019.

Finally,
4) My post here is certainly off-topic, as it is not about the Auburn, WA Tesla Supercharger site. As a community, do we want to keep up with non-supercharger sites in a separate thread? I can't imagine they'll be as popular/interesting as supercharging threads, but I like the idea of having a more regional focus than in the general Charging Infrastructure subforum. I may start a thread to track EA charger construction, but I probably won't make one per site. One per state, maybe?

Looks like Starlink is coming.
1682766270053.png