Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In any event, Auburn will be great! I can easily make it from Ocean Shores to Auburn and then non stop to Ellensburg. One more Supercharger in either Othello or Washtunca and I'll be in dog heaven!
Ha, it looks like you’ll never see dog heaven. However, there is a GreenLots charger in Connell, but the DCQC is still not working.

• Disagree
Reactions: Yarder
Ha, it looks like you’ll never see dog heaven. However, there is a GreenLots charger in Connell, but the DCQC is still not working.

Have you been to the Connell charging station? It's 10 miles off HWY 26 coming in from Ellensburg, and then 10 miles back to the main room. So, on a J1772, that's an hour just to get the energy back from the detour. Is the Greenlots charger free? And what's the DCQC, is that the new state system?

Have you been to the Connell charging station? It's 10 miles off HWY 26 coming in from Ellensburg, and then 10 miles back to the main room. So, on a J1772, that's an hour just to get the energy back from the detour. Is the Greenlots charger free? And what's the DCQC, is that the new state system?
DCQC=Direct Current Quick Charge or in other words a CHAdeMO connector, much faster than j1772 (if it works and you have the adapter)

I doubt there will be a supercharger in Washtucna any time soon.

When I went to a Cougar game earlier this year, I went through Ritzville. I was doing an out and back without staying overnight in Pullman so I needed to go Ritzville to Pullman and back to Ritzville on one charge. Not difficult at all with my S100D, but even with your S70D, you should be fine if you drive carefully. The route through Benge and Endicott is 165 miles round trip and you can drive as slow as you want. Hardly any cars on those roads. I'd be a little wary of taking that route in inclement weather however. No traffic and no cell service for much of that route.

Actually, yes I have been to the station, and no, it’s not located for the best east-west travel on 26, but rather as a halfway point between the Pasco and Ritzville DCQCs. My point was not that it is the best station ever, just that there is absolutely zero chance of EVER seeing a supercharger in Othello or Wastucna. This is eastern Washington, where roads are often less important than wheat fields, especially near the Kalotus-Washtucna Highway.;) Sorry to run off topic, but Auburn (15th largest WA population at >70,000) and surrounded by the vast majority of WA population, has taken, what, 8 years for Tesla to decide to build a SC? Washtucna, pop. 208...... well.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
eh, I could see it happening over there. I mean if forks (population 3800) is getting one then surely Washtucna will too, well maybe.
Forks is needed to complete US 101 which is covered with superchargers from Southern California, up through Oregon and into Washington.

Washtucna is useful for... going to Pullman. Which is a somewhat common trip due to the college. Still if they want to facilitate trips to Pullman, they would be better served by simply putting a supercharger in Pullman itself.

And maybe I could see them putting on in Vantage which is where most people from western WA get off I-90 to make the drive to Pullman. Of course a supercharger in Vantage would also serve I-90 travel. But there isn't much in Vantage and it's only 28 miles from the Ellensburg supercharger so a Vantage supercharger would seem to be a ways off.