Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All six cabinets in, but there is some kind of delay, according to admin. assistant at the mall. She sent me to the voice mail of “someone who knows more.” Left a message. I called the engineering firm and they couldn’t give out any info.

Attachments

• C472C099-9E40-4170-B6AD-7F94095AFA7E.jpeg
    C472C099-9E40-4170-B6AD-7F94095AFA7E.jpeg
    513.5 KB · Views: 112
All six cabinets in, but there is some kind of delay, according to admin. assistant at the mall. She sent me to the voice mail of “someone who knows more.” Left a message. I called the engineering firm and they couldn’t give out any info.
We already know what the delay is. See up thread. Tesla doesn't currently have any of the pedestals (the things that are installed at each stall with the charging cable and plug, etc) which still need to be installed. So, until their supply of them is re-established, no progress is going to be made.

Still no activity.
The shortage on pedestals is starting to be addressed in other locations; there have been a handful of locations that have got theirs in the last week or so. So far it's been a steady trickle, not a flood. And no discernible rhyme or reason on which spots get served in what order. So, it wouldn't surprise me if there's still a bit of a wait for the parts to show up at any specific location. Hopefully they'll be here for this one within the next 2 weeks or so.

I’m curious, outside of the PNW, what all the other affected locations are. Are basically all NA sites impacted by the shortage?
Yeah, it's pretty much everywhere. I looked through Supercharge.info's chart of sites in construction and tried to recall which ones were affected. A few have since gotten theirs, but were at one time sitting waiting. This is the list based on my recollections:
Hudsonville, MI
Swartz Creek, MI
Webster, TX
Middletown, NY -- partial
Portland, ME
Richmond, CA
Lynnfield, MA
Albert Lea #2, MN
Salisbury, NB, Canada
Baileyville, ME
Salem, VA,
Henrietta, TX
Quispamsis, NB, Canada
Blaine, WA
Medway, ME
Woodstock, NB, Canada
Auburn, WA
Boonton, NJ
Burleson, TX
Smithfield, NC
Lithonia, GA
Cary, NC
Menifee, CA
Giddings, TX
Staten Island, NY
Orleans, MA

The shortage on pedestals is starting to be addressed in other locations; there have been a handful of locations that have got theirs in the last week or so. So far it's been a steady trickle, not a flood. And no discernible rhyme or reason on which spots get served in what order. So, it wouldn't surprise me if there's still a bit of a wait for the parts to show up at any specific location. Hopefully they'll be here for this one within the next 2 weeks or so.
It's possible that it has been a "flood" and that all of the pedestals got shipped to every site recently, but only some contractors responded by installing them immediately. It makes sense that some of them would have moved on to other projects and get back to the supercharger construction later.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and Araman0
  • Regina SK
  • Brandon MB
  • Portage la Prairie MB
  • Sault St Marie ON
  • Austin TX (72kW Urban)
I didn't include any of the TCH sites outside of New Brunswick because they are V3 and will therefore need a different charging pedestal. The V3 pedestals are similar enough to potentially also be impacted by the same shortage, but those sites are also waiting for all the back-end hardware as well. So it's not at all clear that the pedestal shortage is creating the long pole for those projects. I only listed sites where it was clear that the shortage had caused delays. Austin TX, as you also note, is an urban charger location which also uses different pedestals. This time much more drastically different than just the differences between V2 and V3. And they are supplied/assembled by a different company. There's no indication that urban sites in general are suffering under a similar parts shortage. Many of them currently in construction over the same period as Austin have received and installed the urban posts. So, if anything, whatever is going on in Austin may just be Austin specific.

Reactions: Big Earl