Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is it just me or is this SuC always extremely slow, regardless of state of charge. I was there this AM with only 1 other car and still only maxed out at 40kw (I started at 60%). Even when I have tried it at starting SOC at 30% it is still a fraction of what it should ramp up to initially. Not an A/B issue.
I was there Thursday night. Got there with 27% and initially went up to 107kw. Post 1A

My understanding is that the mall was closed for a few days due to looting fears so the parking lot was blocked off and the supercharger was inaccessible. I don't think there was ever any issue, electrical or otherwise, with the supercharger itself. Probably just an oversight on Tesla's part, not changing it back to active in the Nav.

Supercharge.info leads to here - so glad this thread is here. 10 week newbie owner of an SR and Planning a trip to Mount Rainier tomorrow or later this week and coming from Bellevue. This looks like the best place to top off before heading to the Nisqually entrance of the park. Thoughts?

Supercharge.info leads to here - so glad this thread is here. 10 week newbie owner of an SR and Planning a trip to Mount Rainier tomorrow or later this week and coming from Bellevue. This looks like the best place to top off before heading to the Nisqually entrance of the park. Thoughts?
Auburn is a great place to top off before heading up there. Turn regen on max (I always keep mine on max, but others do not) before heading back down from Paradise. It took me a while to learn to keep it at 60 or lower if I was worried about range. I got scared after making it to Paradise because I didn't have enough range miles to make it back home (this was before the Supercharger at Auburn got put in), but coming down that mountain while barely ever touching the brake pedal sure put the range miles back on.

Reactions: ChrisH
Probably the most valuable would be a wh/mi you see in your X at a flat 65 mph, then the miles you drove this mountain route and we can figure out an average wh/mi up and down. The difference between flat steady highway driving and going up the mountain should be fairly similar between the two cars (yes the X weighs more and might require more energy going up a hill, but it should give a ballpark idea for a SR+)

I don't think comparing an X to an SR+ is worthwhile at all. For this reason, I generally don't really find these kind of "trip reports" to be useful. If you don't have much experience, just use something like abetterrouteplanner. I personally just look at distance, elevation, and weather, but I'm a geography and weather nerd and I have logged over 200k miles in Model Ses so most of this is just second nature to me.

Boy, it's coming down that makes all the difference. ABRP is suggesting if you leave the supercharger at 90% you'll reach Paradise with about 39% battery left (a only 78 mile drive!) but then if you return back to the supercharger you'll go from 39% to about 20%.... 90% to 100% charging is rough (really slow), but more power would be better (especially if you leave the car all day and sentry mode is on or anything).

This means approx 25.5 kWh to go up and 9.5 kWh to go down. About 2.7:1 and ModaModa quoted 3.5:1 so if you had just went with his you would have had plenty of energy (Allocating 3.5 kWh to go up for every 1 kWh to come down when we really only need 2.7 kWh, so we're about 25% more efficient)