Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Supercharger - Auckland North Shore

I feel like I see 4 other teslas every time I go to takapuna. That said I can't imagine that I'll ever use a supercharger near home, except in some strange circumstances where the power was out at home for days...

I guess a wairau valley location or similar might actually allow easy charging for people passing through akl, unlike either K rd or sylvia park, which are both a pain (despite neither being far from the motorway).

The pin on the map does not seem like it will be the place they will install them. I drove down Wairau Rd a few times recently, and I noticed this empty lot that used to have all these camper vans on it. It sits there empty now, so I am guessing that could be a potential spot.
Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 6.06.28 PM.png

Target opening now back to Q4 2022.
Not surprised, was talking to a project manager for a lines company and they are having the same supply chain issues as everybody else. Need 500m of cable to run from the transformer to the supercharger site.. You might be waiting a while. Ditto with transformers if the site requires the transformer to be upgraded.

Reactions: moa999

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC