Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auckland North Shore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like I see 4 other teslas every time I go to takapuna. That said I can't imagine that I'll ever use a supercharger near home, except in some strange circumstances where the power was out at home for days...

I guess a wairau valley location or similar might actually allow easy charging for people passing through akl, unlike either K rd or sylvia park, which are both a pain (despite neither being far from the motorway).

The pin on the map does not seem like it will be the place they will install them. I drove down Wairau Rd a few times recently, and I noticed this empty lot that used to have all these camper vans on it. It sits there empty now, so I am guessing that could be a potential spot.
Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 6.06.28 PM.png

Not aware of any Tesla sites in AU/NZ where they've taken over a full lot.

All of the recent Aus ones in cities have been in shopping centre carparks (presumably for easier access to high power).
Albeit if I recall most of the North Shore is more low rise big box stores.

Glenfield mall apparently. Seems a strange choice if true. Really not very convenient to the motorway.
Probably right choice if we consider number of tesla around North shore and proximity of most suburbs to Glenfield.
Not motorway friendly, wairau Valley was probably better choice, but that choice would give nothing to do and no facilities to access for customers - at Glenfield mall they get both.

Reactions: khayyam
Agree that facilities would be less than ideal in Wairau. I guess it depends if you're talking about use by locals, or by traffic passing through. I'd have thought Albany, or all the new stuff just off Oteha Valley Rd. Plenty of facilities, and land, and just off the motorway.

But maybe they get more use by locals than I imagine.

Reactions: Audietron
Agree that facilities would be less than ideal in Wairau. I guess it depends if you're talking about use by locals, or by traffic passing through. I'd have thought Albany, or all the new stuff just off Oteha Valley Rd. Plenty of facilities, and land, and just off the motorway.

I was thinking Glenfield being almost center to north shore, same as wairau Valley... but having to do nothing there means anyone charging either running around to bunnings to use washroom or watching movies in car...

On contrary, at Glenfield they got countdown, Briscoe, warehouse, children entertainment, food options, labtest, gym, and washroom... ideal location to utilize time for those who have it little.

Albany would be way better than Glenfield. Say it aint so!

Reactions: Audietron