Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auckland (Sylvia Park / Mount Wellington)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A flurry of Supercharger activity in NZ. Silvia park is very much real, the stalls are already going up:
sdOBjmZ.jpg

Credit goes to the Facebook group for this photo.

These chargers are hard to find. After asking every man and his dog we eventually found them. Signage on ground level would help. If there is any we didn't see any after cruising around for quite a while. Then again there are a number of other chargers in other parts of the country that are very hard to find. I think I have now collected the set of all Tesla superchargers in the country.

First time out of town user of the Sylvia Park SC.

Curious - i used the phone app to send navigation details to the car.

All 3 times i charged there over the
weekend, the car did not pre-condition.

first time, coming straight from Taupo it made me enter through a different carpark and expected me to bust through some walls maybe? 😂

First time out of town user of the Sylvia Park SC.

Curious - i used the phone app to send navigation details to the car.

All 3 times i charged there over the
weekend, the car did not pre-condition.

first time, coming straight from Taupo it made me enter through a different carpark and expected me to bust through some walls maybe? 😂
I assume you are using Google Maps to search for the Supercharger, then exporting the result to your Tesla App.
This may not work as you are simply supplying the address from GM.
Try searching for the supercharger in the car and see if it conditions then.

In the charging menu of the Tesla app it displays nearby superchargers and by clicking on it, the app sends the navigation details to the car.

It worked fine for Taupo and Mangaweka but not Sylvia Park for some odd reason.
Not sure why either, but it’s likely because Taupo and Mangaweka are in regional locations and Sylvia Park is near Auckland. Could be assumptions about trips or could be power limitations on site. #Algorithims.