Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Augusta GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a visual on Augusta, taken from supercharge.info :

sshot306.jpg

(the missing spot)

I noticed that too. If no one has posted pictures by Monday, I'll likely head over there and try to take some pics myself and see if any construction workers are around to give a clue as to the completion date.

Ask them when they STARTED the work (broke ground), please. They may not have a sense of completion, but they'll likely know when they started. Then we can apply the 3-6 week window to that start date.

Note that supercharge.info status is largely based on comments in these threads. So if that site says under construction, it's because someone here said it was, not vice versa :)

Ask them when they STARTED the work (broke ground), please. They may not have a sense of completion, but they'll likely know when they started. Then we can apply the 3-6 week window to that start date.

I will definitely do that. I also realized that I will be driving through their on Friday for a trip, so I likely will wait until then to take pics. Anyways, hope to have something posted here by late next Friday. Would be great to see a SC about ready to open! Hopefully Columbia is on the short-list too.

Drove by yesterday afternoon to have a look. The location is between the Hilton and Sheraton in the upper part of the common parking area. It's fenced off and paving has been dug up, but at the moment it's basically a mud-hole. Plenty of evidence of intended work, and a transformer is already in place (!!) so VERY encouraging. I'm local so will be happy to post pictures as this progresses.

I dropped by just before noon Saturday. The site is all of about two minutes off I-20.
There was a three-man crew working to clean up the area where the pavement was removed. They were real friendly, but would answer NO questions at all, including when site work started, number of chargers, or ANYTHING!. They did like my Tesla, "PRU," though.

Here's a few photos.
2016-05-21 Augusta Supercharger 01.JPG
2016-05-21 Augusta Supercharger 02.JPG
2016-05-21 Augusta Supercharger 04.JPG
2016-05-21 Augusta Supercharger 05.JPG