Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Augusta GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Less than a week old and double ICEd. At first glance I thought it was a white Model X...

View attachment 181243
I was there yesterday and observed a black VW icing 1A, an employee came out of the adjacent hilton garden inn and went into the car to retrieve something and then went back inside the hotel leaving the car to ice a spot.
there is no reason for him to park there because there is ample parking in the lot.
If tesla sees this they need to get the hotel to live up to their agreement regarding this SpC and stop their employees from ICING the charging spots.
BTW, the signs do allow for 30 minute general parking but I was there for over an hour and I assume the car was left there for hours.

Reactions: rrosenbl
I was there yesterday and observed a black VW icing 1A, an employee came out of the adjacent hilton garden inn and went into the car to retrieve something and then went back inside the hotel leaving the car to ice a spot.
there is no reason for him to park there because there is ample parking in the lot.
If tesla sees this they need to get the hotel to live up to their agreement regarding this SpC and stop their employees from ICING the charging spots.
BTW, the signs do allow for 30 minute general parking but I was there for over an hour and I assume the car was left there for hours.
Did you report it to Tesla? A couple of minutes politely talking directly to the Hilton manager on duty also might help alleviate some of this. Engaging the right folks with the issue as it occurs may be the fastest way to minimize the problem.

I'm pretty sure if you call Tesla's Supercharger support line (the number on the chargers) you can inform them and they can talk to the property owner. That way you're not confronting anyone in the parking lot. (Which, BTW, I don't think was the suggestion. The suggestion was to either call Tesla from inside your vehicle or talk to the manager inside the Hilton, not to the person in the parking lot directly.)

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Yesterday (7-28) at 1:00-pm we observed non-Tesla vehicles parked in slots specifically identified for Tesla charging only, and reported it to the Front Office Manager (Selena Martignoni) at Hilton Garden Inn. The response was surprising: totally unsupportive and almost rude. Exact words were: "This is an open parking lot and people can park where ever they want. I won't do anything about this unless word comes down from above." Definitely not what we expected from a Hilton "manager", and left a very bad taste with respect to Hilton Hotels!!

Yesterday (7-28) at 1:00-pm we observed non-Tesla vehicles parked in slots specifically identified for Tesla charging only, and reported it to the Front Office Manager (Selena Martignoni) at Hilton Garden Inn. The response was surprising: totally unsupportive and almost rude. Exact words were: "This is an open parking lot and people can park where ever they want. I won't do anything about this unless word comes down from above." Definitely not what we expected from a Hilton "manager", and left a very bad taste with respect to Hilton Hotels!!

Definitely report to Tesla. It is going to take a reminder from Tesla to the property owner of their contractual obligations. Then it will "come down from above" that the hotel manager needs to enforce what the signs say.

first off you should realize that the people who are operating this hotel work for a franchisee of hilton and are not hilton employees, secondly this is why I don't bother to engage offenders when encountering this like some on this thread said should be done, it just isn't worth having a battle with some nit wit. Tesla should be made aware of this because the hotel operator is more than likely in breach of their agreement with tesla by allowing the employees to block the chargers.

tldr: don't use 2A

We charged there a few days ago on the way home from Hilton Head. used 3A and 2A. 3A worked fine. 2A worked for about 30 mins then pooped out (charge handle got way hot). Good thing I checked on the app from the restaurant as it showed charging error. Moved that car over to 3A and it worked great.

I've stopped by a couple of times in the past two weeks and noticed new, more specific no-parking signs at each stall. There have been no ICE cars parked there on those occasions, and the stalls I've used have worked properly (I commonly pull into one of the midpoint stalls, but didn't take note of which). I'll check 2A next time I charge, and advise here.