Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Augusta ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I've just got back from driving around the site.

- There's still a dumpster and stuff around
- Stalls are still uncovered; didn't notice cabling to them
- The trench from the transformer to the existing transformer (and thus the grid) is all done, fresh asphalt covering it and no longer blocked off.
- No transformer yet; and I didn't notice any crate saying "transformer" or anything like that.
- But there was a guy from CMP (Central Maine Power, the electric utility) working on cabling next to the transformer pad. Maybe that was setting things up from the connection from the Red Robin transformer to the transformer pad.

Still two more days until Thanksgiving and weather is forecast to be sunny, sunny, sunny so shouldn't be any interruptions.
I'll go tomorrow lunchtime or/and after work to see if there's more progress.

sc_augusta_me.png

Hello everybody.

- Transformer is in
- Meter _might_ be in if that's in the enclosed box on posts next to transformer. (See bad photo)
- Site is still netted off. Dumpster and other construction equipment is still there.
- Site is not powered up
- Supercharger stalls have their cables, covers and plastic bags
- Light pole is not up. There seemed to be a light post ready to be mounted, but there is no light fixture for it.
- No sign of Tesla parking signs. I am assuming there won't be any. No big deal if not.
- Sidewalks to Home Depot area still yet to be paved, but it looks like gas line crews have completed some other paving, so maybe that'll be done soon.

I won't be in Augusta until Monday.
But might, just might be able to get daytime pics on Thanksgiving by diverting away from friends. However, unlikely my wife will allow it. :p
Hopefully they can get the light up tomorrow and the construction crew can clear up and go home so I can get a nice picture.
Not thinking it'll be done for Thanksgiving weekend, but who knows.
Plan to go at lunchtime on Monday to see whether they've done/doing anything else.

Last edited:
See Pictures of Supercharger Construction for my thoughts on the new picture taking attitude from Tesla.

Seeing how your other thread has gone way off topic, I'll post here that I completely agree with your thoughts on photos. Public place, take the photos and share. We are interested in the progress. I don't like the argument about getting the construction crew in trouble. Do the job you are paid to do and you won't get into trouble.

Now lets get more of these charging locations built!! Love the progress. just amazing.

I did not take these pictures and disavow any knowledge of how they came to be in my possession, but I do know they were taken a few minutes ago.

What a clean and safe work environment - truly a credit to the excellent and professional work of the contractor! Tesla Motors should immediately put them to work building superchargers in Portland, Bangor, and Houlton! It's a good thing you accidentally found such photo documentation of the site! (you think the Tesla supercharger team can take a hint?)

Behind Red Robin, across from Dick's.
<pictures>
I did not take these pictures and disavow any knowledge of how they came to be in my possession, but I do know they were taken a few minutes ago.

Looks like nothing changed from yesterday. Maybe except a small excavator gone.
Light post base is still there, post and lightless.

I'll check Monday after work. I'm guessing they won't be working Thanksgiving weekend.

We stopped by on our way to friends.
Nothing changed but clear that:
- Lights (not visible) need to go on pole (visible), which needs to go on the base.
- Sidewalks have been repaved; there's just a strip across a bit of road that needs to be done.
- 2 dumpsters and a trailer need to be removed.
- Still fenced off, of course.

So, not much left. Let's see what Monday brings.

Monday 11/30/2015:
- Light post is now up with light bulbs
- I could now see metals points on the concrete pedestals where the Tesla signs will go, so there will be Tesla parking signs.
- There was a bucket truck and another construction vehicle there that had probably been used to get the light post up.
- The dumpsters and trailer were still there. No point clearing those out until they're fully done, I guess.
- Otherwise, the Supercharger site itself is really looking complete.
- No power, covers still on the stalls etc.

Additionally:
- strip of pavement across a (not busy at all) road where people would be able to take sidewalk to walk over to the Home Depot etc lot is not done, and in the Home Depot lot the sidewalk along the edge that would lead to Home Depot hasn't been fully paved, but enough has been paved that people shouldn't have trouble walking over to the food places (Not that you'll really want to walk that far when winter arrives.)

I'll check in again tomorrow evening
EDIT: No I won't! Won't be in Augusta today (Tuesday), so I'll check in Wednesday evening. Maybe even lunchtime.

Last edited:
My wife went to Red Robin with a friend and pointed the Supercharger out to her.

I'd primed my wife a bit, so she did notice the dumpster were still there, and didn't see any other construction vehicles, so maybe they had gone. She didn't remem er it being lit up.

So, I'll check it out again tomorrow evening in the hopes of some more progress.

Changes:
- 2 dumpsters and a trailer remain. This is relevant because one of the dumpsters would block stalls. This is relevant because...
- The new lighpost is lit
- The Tesla parking signs are in place. I didn't think to take a look to see whether all spots are Tesla dedicated.
- The plastic mesh fencing is gone, so the site is now just blocked with cones.
So, coming to the end.

Then I am 'doubly' impressed that he is giving such great updates.

But I'd be happy to do the first charge if someone wants to do a Tesla for Prius swap for a day. :p

Not for nothing does my sig say "obsessively following Tesla". (Another example: did you know that of the 193 numbered US highways, Tesla has a Supercharger within 5 miles of at least 101 of them? (At least because there are some shared routes, so it's hard to track them.)

For me it's only a few miles diversion and about 15 to 20 minutes extra driving on my way home to go check the site. I could go at lunchtime, but after work gives more time to get stuff done.

I plan to stop by again tomorrow evening. Maybe Friday too. I might not be in Augusta on Friday.

Last edited:
Changes:
- 2 dumpsters and a trailer remain. This is relevant because one of the dumpsters would block stalls. This is relevant because...
- The new lighpost is lit
- The Tesla parking signs are in place. I didn't think to take a look to see whether all spots are Tesla dedicated.
- The plastic mesh fencing is gone, so the site is now just blocked with cones.
So, coming to the end.

On your next visit, could you check if the meter is installed and if the transformer is "humming"?

^^You should enter the 'Climate Change model S raffle'...If anyone deserves to win...it is you :)

Actually, I did, but then I read some of the related laws and as I read them, everything pointed towards it being illegal for me to play. (He very generously gave me a refund.) If I have to consult a lawyer to participate in a raffle, I'm not going to participate in a raffle.

- - - Updated - - -

On your next visit, could you check if the meter is installed and if the transformer is "humming"?

Can do. (As long as it's not raining too hard. :p)

I think the meter might be installed. There's certainly a separate box next to the transformer that a CMP worker worked on. It might just have been a hook-up, but I'd think the meter could be in there. They're all read remotely anyway...

All I got is a red Prius.
Three modes.
And the truth.

All I got is a red Prius.
The rest is up to you

(If that's not clear, what I means is that all of the remaining construction stuff (dumpsters, trailers, cones) are gone and the stalls are all lit up).

- - - Updated - - -

Attached image is a box next to the transformer.
There's lump in the box, and that lump is locked.
I think the meter's probably behind the lump.

The transformer was humming

(If images are huge it's because I'm trying to get this information posted. I'll edit and resize later.)

Attachments

• sc_augusta_me_20151203_meter_box.png
    sc_augusta_me_20151203_meter_box.png
    527.9 KB · Views: 96
  • sc_augusta_me_20151203_ta_da.png
    sc_augusta_me_20151203_ta_da.png
    575.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited: