Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aulac, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have not made any reservations except the week of golf.
I hope you will be playing Cabot Links and Cabot Cliffs multiple times as they are great courses. Highland Links is also great but it has struggled with poor conditioning in recent years, but the bones of the course are fantastic. These are three of the top eight courses in Canada according to the most recent ranking.

I hope you will be playing Cabot Links and Cabot Cliffs multiple times as they are great courses. Highland Links is also great but it has struggled with poor conditioning in recent years, but the bones of the course are fantastic. These are three of the top eight courses in Canada according to the most recent ranking.
Yes to all 3 courses. Three couples from Florida are joining 3 couples from Canada for 8 days in NS. Opening of Aulac today is great news.

It probably helps _a lot_ that we have Maine plates, but we've never had a problem with BP. It's just extra time waiting in line.
And I (almost) never have problems crossing between WA and BC either. My biggest Border Patrol hassle ever was in Portland, ME after taking the ferry from Yarmouth, NS. Those guys simply could not believe that a guy from Seattle would drive across Canada for fun. They had me in the office for 2 hours and ransacked my car. It was my first time in Maine and I had planned to do dinner in Portland and stay there for the night but by the time I got out of there, it was dark and almost everything was closed and I was in a bad mood so I ended up just driving to Massachusetts.

Glad to see that NB is getting some SC’s. We are planning a trip from Marquette, MI to the Cabot Trail in 3 weeks. Crossing the boarder at Sault Saint Marie and staying in Canada looks like a good option. After the week of golf we plan on taking the ferry from Yarmouth to Portland. Have not made any reservations except the week of golf. Any advice on the route from any of you that have made this trip would be appreciated. Making the trip in a Model S P100D.
I remember liking the drive along Lac Bras d'Or quite a bit. Sadly, looking at a map, I can't remember which highway it was that I liked the most, but I think it's likely that I drove both sides of the lake. I guess I'm already at that point in life where I have forgotten more amazing drives than most people ever go on :)

Reactions: JSergeant
Hi everyone!

I’ve been following this closely as we’re making a road trip out to Charlottetown this weekend with our Model 3 from Ontario. We can get as far as Bangor, ME on Superchargers and are going to use Level 2 chargers from there.

Has anyone done that drive with the LR Model 3? The car says it should have enough range to go directly from Bangor to Charlottetown, but it is 587km which is well over the car’s rated max of 499km.

Any tips or advice on the drive would be great!

I think others have answered this question about tripping through Maine but here are my 2 cents.

I've done the trip to Moncton from Toronto through Maine and back twice or 3 times before R-du-L opened. It's easily doable with only one L2 charging stop. The last time I went to Moncton I went through Canada only but I had a borrowed CHAdeMO adapter so I did one CHAdeMO stop instead of one L2 stop.

If you have CHAdeMO, Maine is (on paper) still about 10 minutes faster than going on the TransCanada, but I suspect that 10 minutes will be eaten up at the border heading back into NB from Maine. (The border crossings you will probably hit in Quebec or Ontario going into the northeastern US will likely be very quiet--I've seen some where there were not even guards--just a video camera to talk into.)

In short, if you have a CHAdeMO adapter:

1. take the Maine route if you want some scenery and aren't afraid of smaller roads but

2. stick to the TransCanada if you want to have safer roads (divided highway the whole way) and avoid potential border crossing hassles.

I'm going today (with a borrowed adapter) and taking the transcanada.

If you can't get a CHAdeMO adapter, Maine is faster because it's shorter and the roads are slower so you'll get more range so need less charge time.

Once past the last supercharger in Brewer, ME, I always charge / eat in St. Stephen, NB (using the station downtown by the river, across from Pizza Delight, at a brewpub). But my heavy Model S will only go about 400km on a full charge; maybe further on the 90km/hr road through northern Maine, but less on the 110km/hr TransCanada in NB.

I doubt you will get from Brewer to Charlottetown on one charge even with your long range Model 3, but you will get a long way. I strongly suspect you can make it to Moncton and do something for a while when the car is charging. Just keep an eye on it. There are many L2 places to stop between St. Stephen and Moncton. If it looks like you won't make it, you can change plans and stop, just like you would with an ICE car. There might not be as many L2 chargers as gas stations, but there are still between 13 to 16 L2 chargers along that route, depending how far you want to stray off the highway.

Try keeping it to 100km/hr once you get into NB instead of the speed limit (which I think is 110). People might not like it, but it's a 4 lane highway. They can go around.

In a Model 3 you might even make it all the way to rypalmer's place on the island to charge!

If only they hadn't built that bridge, the ferry would have saved you some range. ;-)

My brother-in-law is there this morning with is Bolt and the lines are being traced.
aulac.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
I'm not sure what app that is, but I don't see any check-ins on Plugshare for today at Aulac for any connector.
The App is Superchargers for Tesla by Ndili Technologies - I have it on my iPhone and it shows the above checkins by Mary. No idea how to tell if those are valid or not. The App still shows the status as Under construction, but I believe it just takes it's status data from Supercharge.info.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
(As per above) wasn't able to Supercharge in Aulac today (which meant another CHAdeMo cheeseburger at the Big Stop) but on the return trip from Halifax to Cape Tormentine saw 3 Model S, 2 Model 3 and a McLaren (no idea what model but it was awesome).

I never noticed this before but 4 of the Aulac stalls are Tesla Vehicle Charging Only and the other 4 are 30 Minute General Parking. Guessing that is pretty standard for Supercharger sites in the parking lot of an existing establishment. Perhaps that can change over time if Supercharger demand increases?

Still can't believe we are getting 8 stalls in Atlantic Canada but then again, all 6 Tesla's (including ours) today were within 50km of Aulac at around the same time. Thank-God Tesla is proactive and not reactive when it comes to these things.

upload_2018-8-4_22-28-5.png
upload_2018-8-4_22-28-21.png