TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Aulac, NB

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by Mr. PlugShare, May 30, 2018.

1. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

#301 JSergeant, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    I know you're joking, but most Supercharger locations that I've been to (478 so far) have a mix of charging only and 30 minute parking spots.

Even though people think (based on anecdotal evidence) that a lot of Tesla's are going to use this Supercharger location, my guess is that the stalls will be mostly empty most of the time. Having driven all over the US and Canada in the last five years using Superchargers, in most places you are lucky to see another Tesla when you are charging. The exceptions are in California, Florida, around a few major cities and on high traffic routes like I-95 between NY and DC.

Business owners can't afford to leave those charging spaces empty all the time if there are other ICE customers looking for a parking space.

• Like x 1
  2. dddire

dddire Member

The only time I ever see chargers ice'd is when there are tons of other spots available. Anyone who ice's is no better than someone parking in a handicapped spot. They either don't care or don't pay attention. If they don't care, they're assholes and should be towed without warning. If they don't pay attention, they should be told to move..or be towed.

3. otter

otter Recovering eager beaver

Still coned off as of 8:30 this morning. Too bad it didn’t get commissioned in time for the holiday weekend. Looking forward to using it next trip.

4. kellogg76

kellogg76 Member

I've heard both this Wednesday (8th) and August 17th as possible dates for it to open.

5. 5YJSA

5YJSA Member

I’m really just posting this so I can participate. As reported, they’re still roped off.

Tesla told me a service tech will be servicing Riviere-du-Loup on Tuesday. That supports the rumored opening of Aulac on Wednesday, assuming the tech drives down from RDL when he’s done there.

Attached Files:

6. GoodCheer

GoodCheer Member

Others have posted the Wednesday date, but I heard from the contractor (One Wind Inc.) this weekend that Wednesday is the 'commissioning' date.

7. Sisko - DS9

Sisko - DS9 Member

I am in Fredericton and does anyone know where in this town there is to charge?

I am at 5% and the hotel only has 110 outlet, so 6km/h. So by tomorrow i may have 15%. Looking for chademo or 240v charger.

8. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Did you look at Plugshare?

Looks like Crowne Plaza or the Crossroads gas station would be your best options.

9. comeaujo

comeaujo Member

CHAdeMo is outside of town in Lincoln but there is plenty of Level 2. Get the Plugshare app.

10. kellogg76

kellogg76 Member

New Brunswick Community College J1772 - 284 Smythe St.
    Fredericton Coty Hall J1772 - River Valley Scenic Drive
    NB Power Head Office J1772 - 515 King Street
    Crowne Plaza J1772 - 659 Queen Street
    NBCC J1772 - 26 Duffie Drive (this one is 70A)
    Amsterdam Inn J1772 & Tesla Destination 559 Bishop Drive (cost $8)

These are from the Plugshare app, if you need other options let me know.

11. 240VMan

240VMan New Member

I stopped by to top off at the CHAdeMO charger this morning on my way out of Nova Scotia. Supercharger still coned off, asked in the store, and thet said "Tesla hasn't given us any updates." (And then complained about Tesla's lack of promising anything).

Transformer and all equipment still looks in order.

Attached Files:

12. fsch

fsch Member

Supercharging at Aulac! Unofficially open though, technician on site testing. Still some tests to do, line painting, etc. Will open sometime next week.

Attached Files:

• Love x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
  13. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

Congratulations on being the first!

I wonder if @BlueShift wants to update it or wait.

14. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

The 5th Supercharged Province: BC, AB, ONT, QC, now... NB

• Love x 1
  15. rypalmer

rypalmer Active Member

Excellent. Thanks Elon!

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  16. Red Leader

Red Leader Member

Did they just let you charge and then shut it down? I'm enroute to Halifax this friday and could really use a "fix."

17. tylerwhite

tylerwhite Member

I’m headed by here tomorrow morning so will let the group know if it is live!

18. Red Leader

Red Leader Member

That would be great! As you can tell, we are all very excited about the first Maritime SC.

19. tylerwhite

tylerwhite Member

Folks! The area is closed off with pylons but the charger works! Look at those watts flow!

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  20. Red Leader

Red Leader Member

Did anyone give you grief about moving the pylons and swiping a charge? In the lower right hand side of the screen I see a charge in USD. Is that for the charge or cumulative?