Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aulac, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In fact, if it were up to me, (which apparently it's not... go figure)

For NB only, (I'm sure there should be a bunch of NS locations shuffled into this order) ...

This list includes not yet announced possible future locations, and I think would make more sense than what they've announced...

I'd do...

Aulac, Check
Woodstock
Saint John
Miramichi
Campbellton

At that point you'd have 300 km covered throughout the Province, so then follow up with...
Fredericton
Edmundston
Salisbury
Shippagan or Caraquet

That would get it down to between 150 and 200 km.

The day St-John will be available, it will open the way to lot of Americans and Canadians tourists. But seems St-John doesn't have a supercharger permit yet. So I imagine, Enfield is the only candidate.

Yes, Woodstock makes RDL through to Halifax possible, but also Bangor to Halifax via the 95, SJ would do the same for Bangor via the south route but wouldn't help RDL, that's why my evil master plan put Woodstock ahead.

Brewer SC to Aulac via Woodstock 5h 01m 547 km.

Brewer SC to Aulac SC via SJ 4h 43m 476 km.

By adding 70 km and only 18 min to the trip from Brewer you open up the corridor from Upper Canada as opposed to leaving it to Chademo.

When we moved to Freddy in 2010 we did regular trips south and after a year or so of using the slightly shorter south route we changed to using the much better maintained roads via the Woodstock crossing.

Indeed! But I vote for St-John since the amount of people coming from the south should be much higher than the ones coming from RDL.

I agree with NoBeard that Woodstock, NB next would be better than St John, NB.

Woodstock, NB would enable _both_ Brewer, ME and RDL, QC -> Fredericton, NB -> Moncton, NB -> Aulac, NB -> Beyond.

St John, NB after that would provide the better route from ME to Eastern NB.

Reactions: MarcoRP and NoBeard
By adding 70 km and only 18 min to the trip from Brewer you open up the corridor from Upper Canada as opposed to leaving it to Chademo.
Only 18 minutes feels like quite a lot honestly. As well as 70 km if I have a low range. However, I still agree with Woodstock being the best option.

Only 18 minutes feels like quite a lot honestly. As well as 70 km if I have a low range. However, I still agree with Woodstock being the best option.

18 mins can seem like a lot, but on a 5 hour trip with mandatory charge stop, not sure it's that big a deal. On Sat overnight I drove Halifax to Freddy about 5 hours and slowed down by at least that much and added 3 rest stops to stay alert.
The low range issue is actually reversed as the distance from Brewer to SJ is farther than to WS, the 70 km come in the WS to Aulac stretch vs the SJ to Aulac.

C9A2E815-7A3C-4B74-9C34-B923493A0FF1.png

Indeed! But I vote for St-John since the amount of people coming from the south should be much higher than the ones coming from RDL.

Agreed. Woodstock is the next logical NB SC. It serves TCH and I-95 traffic and nicely bisects the RDL to Aulac run. Saint John will not really be needed for US 1/NB 1 when Baileyville comes on line. Freddy; SJ and Salisbury will just be "gravy."

Agreed. Woodstock is the next logical NB SC. It serves TCH and I-95 traffic and nicely bisects the RDL to Aulac run. Saint John will not really be needed for US 1/NB 1 when Baileyville comes on line. Freddy; SJ and Salisbury will just be "gravy."

Woodstock gets my vote too. I'd even rather see Woodstock before Enfield, NS because along with Aulac it would pretty much allow 85's and up along with LR Model 3's to get in and out of the Maritimes on Supercharging alone. Of course we need the in-between's for smaller packs and winter driving but Aulac + Woodstock satisfies a bare minimum.

Reactions: RiverBrick
Woodstock gets my vote too. I'd even rather see Woodstock before Enfield, NS because along with Aulac it would pretty much allow 85's and up along with LR Model 3's to get in and out of the Maritimes on Supercharging alone. Of course we need the in-between's for smaller packs and winter driving but Aulac + Woodstock satisfies a bare minimum.
They could do both.

The CONTRACTOR is going from Aulac to Enfield. There is nothing saying there isn’t another contractor local to Woodstock on deck to start work on that one.

Reactions: MarcoRP