Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aulac, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He did say that he was doing Enfield and Aulac, he didn’t say anything else. If there was something else, he might’ve said so, or maybe there wasn’t. He isn’t supposed to say anything anyways.did he suddenly stop in his words when speaking to you?

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
What is the name of the contractor? I bet the same guy is doing all of the NB sites. I hope Woodstock is next. That will hook up with Rivere-du-Loup and Brewer ME.

I believe the contractor for Aulac and Enfield/Airport is One Wind Inc. They also put in Tesla Powerpacks in for NSPower in a separate project, but near the Enfield site. If they are going further into NB, I have not heard about it (though I wouldn't necessarily).
Nova Scotia utility adds Tesla Powerpack in a bid to capture wind energy in intelligent feeder project
Note they are not named in the article, but I know people who work there.

I believe the contractor for Aulac and Enfield/Airport is One Wind Inc. They also put in Tesla Powerpacks in for NSPower in a separate project, but near the Enfield site. If they are going further into NB, I have not heard about it (though I wouldn't necessarily).
Nova Scotia utility adds Tesla Powerpack in a bid to capture wind energy in intelligent feeder project
Note they are not named in the article, but I know people who work there.

The vendor doing the installation is One Wind. My understanding is that they have a contract ONLY for Aulac and Enfield, the rest is all speculation (but fun anyhow)....

Wonder how long it’ll take to get this up and running. I’m making a return run to Montreal to pick my ride up and return the loaner I have, so it’s be nice to have that to cap the return trip. :p
Definitely gonna stop there regardless. ;)

Wonder how long it’ll take to get this up and running. I’m making a return run to Montreal to pick my ride up and return the loaner I have, so it’s be nice to have that to cap the return trip. :p
Definitely gonna stop there regardless. ;)
Once the cabinets are installed, it will be up to NB Power... need a transformer and meter and then it can be tested and certified by a Tesla technician in a car. Sometimes a site will be "completed" by the contractor in less than 30 days, but wait months for the power company.

Once the cabinets are installed, it will be up to NB Power...

NBPower seems pretty interested in transportation electrification, as evidenced by their self-funded deployment of 19 (?) ChaDeMo / CCS DCFCs around the province in the last year (with $$ help from NRCan). I wouldn't be surprised if there's a top down push to get the paperwork done quickly. Of course... who knows.

I expect the first news will be on https://mobile.twitter.com/nspowerinc then on http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/alternative-fuels/fuel-facts/ecoenergy/19464 and MrPlugShare will be all over it when they go online.
Likely not... Aulac is in New Brunswick, not Nova Scotia. I don't know why NRCAN is maintaining their own map. I wouldn't expect bureaucrats to move faster than the community that contributes to Supercharge.info and Plugshare. I suppose it's more difficult to get excited about other "alternative fuels"..

Reactions: MarcoRP
NBPower seems pretty interested in transportation electrification, as evidenced by their self-funded deployment of 19 (?) ChaDeMo / CCS DCFCs around the province in the last year (with $$ help from NRCan). I wouldn't be surprised if there's a top down push to get the paperwork done quickly. Of course... who knows.
I agree on the NB Power investment. Especially the fast chargers at Big Stops. A big help for me as my S is only a 70... (Our 3 is a couple weeks away from delivery and the range on that means getting from SJ to RDL Supercharger without any Big Stops, or to Brewer ME without nail biting, but I digress...)

Well, the ground is definitely torn up right now, I could see that as I flashed by yesterday. I’m hoping to charge at the Chademo there on my return leg either today or tomorrow (depends on how tired I get), so I can get some up close shots of what going on there.

I think I found the spot in Baileyville. We know it was the Big Stop, but I think they are getting ready. Although, not the spot I thought... i figured they put them down back.

There is a 20 x 40 area staked out and lined with landscape paint.

If this is the beginning, this is a HUGE addition for me.

@BlueShift

Attachments

• A719763B-D2AD-4C4A-8EF8-DAE0BCBB9973.jpeg
    A719763B-D2AD-4C4A-8EF8-DAE0BCBB9973.jpeg
    821.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 9CDA0703-1044-48AB-81CB-F09CE4EA7F24.jpeg
    9CDA0703-1044-48AB-81CB-F09CE4EA7F24.jpeg
    503.1 KB · Views: 77
  • A106C9A9-385A-4DD5-B957-602D799ADDA1.jpeg
    A106C9A9-385A-4DD5-B957-602D799ADDA1.jpeg
    840.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DDE41B30-DF45-43FF-A88B-09315F230193.jpeg
    DDE41B30-DF45-43FF-A88B-09315F230193.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 74
  • D6934DD6-6CBA-4DFC-BEE2-E7F1D163FC0B.jpeg
    D6934DD6-6CBA-4DFC-BEE2-E7F1D163FC0B.jpeg
    493.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 479FC385-F6D7-4013-971B-DDD2A79F2E63.jpeg
    479FC385-F6D7-4013-971B-DDD2A79F2E63.jpeg
    840.6 KB · Views: 79
  • B99388C3-14EB-4C3A-9C28-2E86593C9CE2.jpeg
    B99388C3-14EB-4C3A-9C28-2E86593C9CE2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I think I found the spot in Baileyville. We know it was the Big Stop, but I think they are getting ready. Although, not the spot I thought... i figured they put them down back.

if this is the beginning, this is a HUGE addition for me.

@BlueShift
All I can see are a white Tesla, and some white lines. I’m assuming that you think that the white lines are for the transformers.