Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX - East Ben White Blvd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
Filing with the City of Austin for a possible Supercharger located at 2201 East Ben White BLVD on the eastbound side. The business name is Pinthouse Brewing.

Does not state Supercharger but the description states 480V power pull and the requestor has appeared on other supercharger filings.

Tesla Inc. will be installing a new EV charging site in an existing park lot located behind Pinthouse Brewing Located @ 2201 E Ben White Blvd, Austin, TX 78741. We are looking to utilize the existing overhead powerlines to install 2 pole-mounted banks of 3-167kva transformers so we can supply our charging equipment with 3-phase 480v power.

@corywright @Big Earl @Chuq

ABC link: https://abc.austintexas.gov/public...errsn=13117555&t_selected_propertyrsn=6646524
File: https://abc.austintexas.gov/attach...nqA6EsRKh/SLbiXUKzGMHXQvkwNr7j+u91Kx00miFuDs9

1684970652728.png

View attachment 1016957Confirmed these are at Pinthouse via their Instagram. I don’t live close enough to verify easily but sounds like construction has started.
I'll be driving past there in a little bit, see if I can see anything. The one time I went to this place that parking lot was absolutely filled...in fact, I think I parked where they are putting the chargers...I guess during the day or when the brewery is closed (cept there is nothing else there) it might be an ok place to stop, but if you were needing a charge and tried to go there during a busy time I think ICEing could be a problem here, unless the brewery cracks down.

Checked this one and Stassney this morning. Not as much progress here as Stassney, but there were folks working on part of the site, so I didn't take any pics. Looks like they are still running conduit and also working on stuff in the area where the transformer will be which is going to require a decent length cut across the parking lot to get to where chargers are going.

• Informative
Reactions: Guacahummus
this one looks like a lot more work than typical. Some Tesla higher ups must like to stop here frequently.
Yes, this location is still puzzling to me. Just not really anything else there, so if the brewery is closed, you got basically nothing. If it is open, parking could easily be an issue in the evening. Also, breweries are not doing real great right now...

Reactions: brkaus