Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is definitely Tesla-related. Check the photos..

Attachments

• 2F5B3603-2C58-430E-AA31-28ACE3EDDE37.jpeg
    2F5B3603-2C58-430E-AA31-28ACE3EDDE37.jpeg
    654.6 KB · Views: 443
  • EF7D338E-1DE3-469A-B3C5-0D324B1C2005.jpeg
    EF7D338E-1DE3-469A-B3C5-0D324B1C2005.jpeg
    603.8 KB · Views: 321
  • 3EAB3295-BD82-48B7-8B17-285BC2A5F214.jpeg
    3EAB3295-BD82-48B7-8B17-285BC2A5F214.jpeg
    710.8 KB · Views: 322
This is definitely Tesla-related. Check the photos..
Nice pics! Yeah, should definitely be updated to a cone. And thanks for getting the inventory/shipping label on the supercharger cabinets. Confirmation that these will, in fact, be urban-style chargers as expected.

Since BlueShift was already called, I'll also include @Chuq since he updates Supercharge.info a lot as well.

Reactions: geoffreak
Nice pics! Yeah, should definitely be updated to a cone. And thanks for getting the inventory/shipping label on the supercharger cabinets. Confirmation that these will, in fact, be urban-style chargers as expected.

Since BlueShift was already called, I'll also include @Chuq since he updates Supercharge.info a lot as well.
Will they be v3 though? :)

I'm starting a standalone thread for this second Austin supercharger location to disambiguate discussion of it from that focused on the already established Austin supercharger on N. I-35 Frontage Rd. in the thread for that earlier location. When I first posted the info for this new location, I was a TMC newbie (I think it might have been my very first comment?) who didn't think to start a thread so I posted in the already existing Austin supercharger thread. Mea Culpa. Though to be fair to myself, there was already quite a bit of earlier off topic discussion in that thread about where the next Austin location would end up being. Anyways, I'll ask one of the mods to move the relevant posts from that location's thread to this one so both discussions are separate. My post on the matter is repeated below since I don't particularly like the way this forum handles quoting:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next Austin Supercharger install is likely to be 18 urban superchargers at the following address:

Project Name: Tesla Ev Charging Station
Project Address: 9800 1/2 Stonelake Blvd.
City: Austin Zip: 78759 County: Travis
Scope of Work: Installation of Tesla Electric Vehicle Charging Station to include: (9) Tesla Charging Cabinets, (18) Tesla Charging Posts, (1) QED switchgear assembly, (9) auto-transformers, (1) Utility Transformer.
Building/Facility Name: Austin Gateway Shopping Center

This [...] shopping center is located in the SE quadrant of the intersection between US-183 and TX-360 (N. Capitol of TX Highway). Not sure where in the shopping center the supercharger will be sited, but based on the street address in the filing, it's probably near either the REI or the movie theater lot.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
@Doug_G To split the ongoing discussion of the new supercharger out from this thread originally meant for discussing the already existing Austin supercharger and into its own thread, can you or another Mod please move the posts talking about it from here into the new one I just started: Supercharger - Austin, TX - Stonelake Blvd./Gateway

These are the sets of posts that need moving (intervals inclusive of end points): [530 to 557]; [569 to 572]; [585 to 591]; + any that need it which have been made after I've posted this but before you get to it. Thank you very much!

What's the cabinet count on site? Pieced together using the photos taken from various angles, I think I count 9 crates in the photos? That'd match the permit, and make it 18 Urban stalls (you can see the "SC-072x2" on the label of one of the cabinets).

Maybe by June I'll be able to pull into the Austin SC coming through and get a full rate charge, perhaps without having to do that squirrelly backing down the front of all the other Teslas parked to get into the last open stall at the North end. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: arcus
What's the cabinet count on site? Pieced together using the photos taken from various angles, I think I count 9 crates in the photos? That'd match the permit, and make it 18 Urban stalls (you can see the "SC-072x2" on the label of one of the cabinets).

Maybe by June I'll be able to pull into the Austin SC coming through and get a full rate charge, perhaps without having to do that squirrelly backing down the front of all the other Teslas parked to get into the last open stall at the North end. :p
It will be full with all the folks with unlimited free charging... Just a guess.

I went by on Friday and took a look. Didn't get very good pictures, and didn't stay long as it was raining, but threw together this rough map of the construction. It's much larger than I anticipated. There were 9 cabinets on site. I've marked a rough outline of the construction fence line in red; and in yellow, one of the two trenches they've dug and apparently filled in with concrete already (no wires coming out. funny, that). Thought this might give people a better sense of the extent of the project than the previously posted pictures. Bear in mind this is a rough approximation and there was a second trench I didn't mark since I didn't have good enough pictures.
sc-stonelake.png