TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Austin, TX - Stonelake Blvd./Gateway

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by SergeyUser, Apr 16, 2019.

1. SergeyUser

SergeyUser Member

Both permits (building and electrical) are issued, as of ‘Apr 15, 2019’, for the Stonelake location!

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  2. jeremyz

jeremyz Member

Part of the parking lot is fenced off now. There's also an small excavator and some containers inside of the fenced in area.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. SergeyUser

SergeyUser Member

This is definitely Tesla-related. Check the photos..

Attached Files:

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 3
  4. geoffreak

geoffreak Driving My Model 3

• Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Nice pics! Yeah, should definitely be updated to a cone. And thanks for getting the inventory/shipping label on the supercharger cabinets. Confirmation that these will, in fact, be urban-style chargers as expected.

Since BlueShift was already called, I'll also include @Chuq since he updates Supercharge.info a lot as well.

• Like x 1
  6. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Will they be v3 though? :)

• Funny x 4
    • Helpful x 1
  7. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

I'm starting a standalone thread for this second Austin supercharger location to disambiguate discussion of it from that focused on the already established Austin supercharger on N. I-35 Frontage Rd. in the thread for that earlier location. When I first posted the info for this new location, I was a TMC newbie (I think it might have been my very first comment?) who didn't think to start a thread so I posted in the already existing Austin supercharger thread. Mea Culpa. Though to be fair to myself, there was already quite a bit of earlier off topic discussion in that thread about where the next Austin location would end up being. Anyways, I'll ask one of the mods to move the relevant posts from that location's thread to this one so both discussions are separate. My post on the matter is repeated below since I don't particularly like the way this forum handles quoting:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The next Austin Supercharger install is likely to be 18 urban superchargers at the following address:

Project Name: Tesla Ev Charging Station
    Project Address: 9800 1/2 Stonelake Blvd.
    City: Austin Zip: 78759 County: Travis
    Scope of Work: Installation of Tesla Electric Vehicle Charging Station to include: (9) Tesla Charging Cabinets, (18) Tesla Charging Posts, (1) QED switchgear assembly, (9) auto-transformers, (1) Utility Transformer.
    Building/Facility Name: Austin Gateway Shopping Center

This [...] shopping center is located in the SE quadrant of the intersection between US-183 and TX-360 (N. Capitol of TX Highway). Not sure where in the shopping center the supercharger will be sited, but based on the street address in the filing, it's probably near either the REI or the movie theater lot.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Informative x 1
  8. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

@Doug_G To split the ongoing discussion of the new supercharger out from this thread originally meant for discussing the already existing Austin supercharger and into its own thread, can you or another Mod please move the posts talking about it from here into the new one I just started: Supercharger - Austin, TX - Stonelake Blvd./Gateway

These are the sets of posts that need moving (intervals inclusive of end points): [530 to 557]; [569 to 572]; [585 to 591]; + any that need it which have been made after I've posted this but before you get to it. Thank you very much!

• Like x 3
  9. SergeyUser

SergeyUser Member

To clarify location of the Supercharger: (30.3892185, -97.7399094)

Closest to it is REI, Regal Gateway 16 Cinema, Panera Bread, and just behind the REI - Whole Foods.

• Like x 1
  10. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

@PLUS EV asked if these would be v3. I would think it would be more likely to be urban chargers. Nobody on a trip drives through Austin if they can avoid it.

• Funny x 2
  11. SergeyUser

SergeyUser Member

Work seems to be in progress already:

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  12. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare Mr. PlugShare

New photo of Austin Stonelake Blvd posted this morning 9ABE55A6-97A0-42BA-B505-BE8B4194A11B.png

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  13. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare Mr. PlugShare

I don’t know the mod for this forum but there are still some posts from the original forum that should be here posted Oct 18th. I will just ask @Doug_G to merge the posts for the moment.

14. alaindealain

alaindealain New Member

Saturday construction progress from an inexpensive drone.

Attached Files:

• Like x 5
  15. Westbanker

Westbanker New Member

42253CDE-AC51-4138-B991-697555DFA293.jpeg 42253CDE-AC51-4138-B991-697555DFA293.jpeg 0C131AC6-B05D-40C3-B489-D2BB767ADB4D.jpeg 47EF38EB-D976-4933-9CD9-C51E77DF7BD3.jpeg 42253CDE-AC51-4138-B991-697555DFA293.jpeg 0C131AC6-B05D-40C3-B489-D2BB767ADB4D.jpeg
    A few more pictures from Saturday. Nice and close, but not by front door, of REI, etc.

• Like x 4
    • Helpful x 1
  16. Kcharwood

Kcharwood Member

Definitely a big construction area, with large pipes as well that appear to be going in.

17. SammichLover

SammichLover Active Member

#17 SammichLover, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
    What's the cabinet count on site? Pieced together using the photos taken from various angles, I think I count 9 crates in the photos? That'd match the permit, and make it 18 Urban stalls (you can see the "SC-072x2" on the label of one of the cabinets).

Maybe by June I'll be able to pull into the Austin SC coming through and get a full rate charge, perhaps without having to do that squirrelly backing down the front of all the other Teslas parked to get into the last open stall at the North end. :p

• Like x 1
  18. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

It will be full with all the folks with unlimited free charging... Just a guess.

19. thenaimis

thenaimis Former Tesla Cheerleader

I went by on Friday and took a look. Didn't get very good pictures, and didn't stay long as it was raining, but threw together this rough map of the construction. It's much larger than I anticipated. There were 9 cabinets on site. I've marked a rough outline of the construction fence line in red; and in yellow, one of the two trenches they've dug and apparently filled in with concrete already (no wires coming out. funny, that). Thought this might give people a better sense of the extent of the project than the previously posted pictures. Bear in mind this is a rough approximation and there was a second trench I didn't mark since I didn't have good enough pictures. sc-stonelake.png

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  20. S85D

S85D Member

I have free unlimited charging and I always charge at my house in Austin. 46 solar panels and 100 amp breaker for my Tesla charger.

• Like x 2