Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged this morning and walked around picking up all sorts of small wires and removable screwdriver heads. You're welcome if I saved you a puncture!

Hooray!
thank you.jpg

We've talked about putting a sign up (similar to what Easy Tiger has done over at the other Austin SC site), but I have a feeling that the property managers at Gateway Shopping Center might have a problem with it (I'm sure they'd prefer that Tesla owners kill time spending money with their tenants). Any other ideas for how we could get the word out to Tesla owners? This site is the only Tesla message board that I'm familiar with.

I think it would be great of Tesla allowed some form of sharing between SC users about points of interest around it, I believe Tesla may have planned something like this: Tesla will let drivers try their 'luck' with surprise navigation options, says Elon Musk

I think it is a great opportunity here, not unlike in-car games, etc. Tesla is unwilling to rollout Tesla App Store just yet, so if anyone have a channel to Tesla to extend this option - it would be great. Basically, crowdsourced points of interest.

First post here; just registered. FWIW, I can confirm these SC stalls are indeed operational!! Just used them. Very cool. This time yesterday, didn't even know they existed. Noticed the icon on the in-car screen (map) last night. Thrilled that these are now here.

Oh then maybe you've not heard of supercharge.info either... :)

You'll find everything that's going on available on that site... Superb resource, and they link back to here for the discussion threads.

Who cares? If a Tesla owner is using Plugshare to find where to supercharge there’s some education that needs to be done.
While it is true I don't need PlugShare to find Tesla Superchargers, I do find their app more interesting in that they have photos posted by users and current feedback of supercharger status like which ones aren't working or slow , and tips on what's nearby. A little more fun to read and easy to access on the phone. Especially when I'm traveling long distances.

Last edited:
Reactions: XHabjab and IT Geek
Who cares? If a Tesla owner is using Plugshare to find where to supercharge there’s some education that needs to be done.

Oh...while you were perhaps trying to be a bit cheeky with that response I can't tell you how many times Plugshare has helped me find chargers. Parking garages in particular are generally a real pain...but the info on Plugshare can let you know exactly what floor the charger will be on...and this is the big part...you can find out that info before you even get there. Sometimes the car nav will tell you the floor...and sometimes there are signs...but in general Plugshare is a much better resource than relying on either of those.

While looking for the newly turned on Webster SC I noticed "Austin, TX - Research Boulevard" is now on my car's map. Here's to hoping more local Free SC For Life owners find it and make it a habit. As 5 min ago there were 6 cars at the original site, 3 cars at the new. :p

Although good chance I'll just do Giddings instead when headed that way, once it gets its pedestals.

Easy enough to add stations to PlugShare. Next time I am in Austin, I will take some photos and do it ....if you don't beat me to it
Plugshare, as a firm matter of policy, does not allow the public to add Tesla Supercharger stations. If someone adds it, it will be removed by the admins. Superchargers get added automatically once Plugshare receives communication from Tesla or Tesla lists a site on Tesla's map. This policy is in response to a request from Tesla corporate.

So, don't bother. It'll get updated eventually. Anyone who needs to use it will know where it is via their car's navigation.

Plugshare, as a firm matter of policy, does not allow the public to add Tesla Supercharger stations. If someone adds it, it will be removed by the admins. Superchargers get added automatically once Plugshare receives communication from Tesla or Tesla lists a site on Tesla's map. This policy is in response to a request from Tesla corporate.

So, don't bother. It'll get updated eventually. Anyone who needs to use it will know where it is via their car's navigation.

It is listed on PlugShare now. Apparently the convention for Coming Soon Tesla chargers is marking it as Wall and Restricted. I learn something new everyday

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You