Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
agreed - Plugshare is great for updates on which stalls to avoid and where is good to eat etc.
It would be so much nicer if that were built into the Nav
I find that when a charge stall starts to behave finicky, it can still function well, on a random basis, even minutes after the first report in Plugshare of its 'finickiness'. My guess is that the inverters dedicated to each charger have some soft failures that are intermittent. On the other hand, visible damage to the charger stalls doesn't just fix itself overnight -- and typically remains damaged for months before a Tesla tech gets around to servicing the site. Having said that, Plugshare reports of stall 'outages' tends to be 'too-much-information'. Basically, each stall is a little roulette wheel, with a 95% chance of giving a good charge. Even after getting a good charge for 10 minutes, I've seen a stall go to 0 Amps... so, even during a charge, a stall can go from 'operational' to 'failed' and then back to 'operational'. I doubt Tesla even has reliable telemetry from each site... although, about 18 months ago, when their 'Roadside Assistance' line was properly staffed, they would give suggestions of what stalls were 'better' and which ones were 'problematic'. My guess, is they just looked at plugshare for you you, and so, their opinions were little more than guesses.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Austin Texas Research Blvd location is now on the find us map.

interesting that the downtown and cedar park locations are still there.

B1F50947-E9AF-48D1-A20D-9CDC370521DE.png
EB190E21-2716-406F-B2D4-FA142DCBCD42.png

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4 and mociaf9
Heading down to Austin from Fort Worth on Thursday for a few days. I plan on using this Supercharger location instead of the original Austin SC. Always hated the original SC when I used it in the past couple of years. Just wanted to see how the new location has been over the last few months. Haven't seen anything posted in this thread since October. How busy has it been? Does it ever get full? Any time during the day/night that is busier than others? Are all of the chargers operational or have there been any issues? Thanks in advance for any useful information you can provide. Looking forward to being in Austin again!

Heading down to Austin from Fort Worth on Thursday for a few days. I plan on using this Supercharger location instead of the original Austin SC. Always hated the original SC when I used it in the past couple of years. Just wanted to see how the new location has been over the last few months. Haven't seen anything posted in this thread since October. How busy has it been? Does it ever get full? Any time during the day/night that is busier than others? Are all of the chargers operational or have there been any issues? Thanks in advance for any useful information you can provide. Looking forward to being in Austin again!

It is rarely busy even at 50%, and it is never (from what I can tell) 100% busy. One stall is broken (for months now), but you have the remaining 17.

I charged this Sunday noon time at this place. ALL stalls were occupied with one stall down and another one with a Tesla stranded with a flat tire and not charging. I was looking for the owner if he could move it forward a few feet so that others can use that stall, but he was nowhere to be found.