Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Lake Hills, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Austin will be looking great with many options in the future. So glad Elon is in Texas.
1626957016486.png
A few weeks ago I was visiting the show room in Westchase Houston. Their sales team was talking about Elon having supercharger options all the way down to Space X.

Reactions: Iain
Austin will be looking great with many options in the future. So glad Elon is in Texas.
View attachment 686886
A few weeks ago I was visiting the show room in Westchase Houston. Their sales team was talking about Elon having supercharger options all the way down to Space X.
Is it gonna take Elon wanting to drive to Taos for a ski weekend for us to get an SC in Lubbock? 😂😂

View attachment 686886
Came here to comment on this! Are there
just more permits being spotted because of the interest in Austin because of the Gigafactory? Or is there really a much higher density of superchargers planned?

Came here to comment on this! Are there
just more permits being spotted because of the interest in Austin because of the Gigafactory? Or is there really a much higher density of superchargers planned?
I don't have the answer but I bet it's a little of both. I remember reading some of Elon's comments or maybe when he was interviewed that the Gigafactory was going to be a destination spot considering it's being built right on the river. I believe between Space X and Giga, there will be many Tesla's in Austin. Right now it's a crap shoot and so hard to get in and out at the one just North of town.

Reactions: Chuq
View attachment 686886
I'd be careful about relying on the sales guys' expertise on Superchargers. In the Northern and Northwest part of the country, they've been shown to be less authoritive than the TMC forums. In other words, we here collectively know more than them. And sales guys can be quite speculative.

And to make a second point, we do have coverage down to SpaceX now... Well, Austin to Brownsville at least. There is believed to be a charger right at SpaceX, but on their property, not open to the public; not likely to change.

• Informative
Reactions: Darmie and RTPEV
There is also a destination charger with a bunch of stations at South Padre Island on the southern edge, not too far from where you can watch the launches.
More than that. There is a Supercharger at the old Schlitterbahn (now Isla Blanca Beach Park I think), several dest chargers on the same property and multiple dest chargers next door at the Sapphire. They are all hard to find on your own but the car knows the way.

Several Youtubers shoot SpaceX videos from the Sapphire.

No superchargers in downtown. The closest is the main supercharger on I35 but it is terrible. If you need to charge downtown a lot get an Austin EV subscription and use one of the chargers downtown. There are some on electric Avenue.

If Tesla builds out 1/2 of the Austin area permits in the next 18 months I'll be thrilled. I just wanna see construction started somewhere...anywhere....
Linc SC is devastatingly bad. Urban SC are nice, but those don't work for people driving through the I35 corridor.

Reactions: jrmt23
If Tesla builds out 1/2 of the Austin area permits in the next 18 months I'll be thrilled. I just wanna see construction started somewhere...anywhere....
Linc SC is devastatingly bad. Urban SC are nice, but those don't work for people driving through the I35 corridor.

Plus S. Austin is a supercharging desert. It's really difficult to go to the hill country so having one at the 'Y' is nice for that so you can top up before leaving town.

Reactions: Jmolloy3