Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stall 4B handle wont hangup. Stall 4A, 4B, and 1B giving me a max of 40kw with battery at 35%.

You guys posting charge rate - mind posting which stall in future posts? Curious if we can identify a trend. Are there days they all dont work or is full charge limited to certain stalls? Ive charged here once before and received full 110kw.

Attachments

• BC0FB17B-B28E-446B-A03B-50D248128B43.jpeg
    BC0FB17B-B28E-446B-A03B-50D248128B43.jpeg
    697.8 KB · Views: 141
Stall 4B handle wont hangup. Stall 4A, 4B, and 1B giving me a max of 40kw with battery at 35%.

You guys posting charge rate - mind posting which stall in future posts? Curious if we can identify a trend. Are there days they all dont work or is full charge limited to certain stalls? Ive charged here once before and received full 110kw.

You have called Tesla supercharger support and let them know?

I find charging at home most convenient. Don’t typically go more than 200 miles a day.

I charged at the Austin Supercharger last Sunday, December 31 (Christmas Eve) around 10:30am. I used stall 4B and it wouldn't "hang up" as @Benjamin7062 stated. Only one charger was covered as you can see in the pic below. I didn't pay close attention to my charge rate, but I didn't feel it was particularly slow; felt normal to me. I agree with others that say the parking is a bit cramped.

Austin.jpg

On a side note, at 10:30am on a Sunday morning, the only nearby business open is Burlington Coat Factory. It's a fairly short walk away and they happen to open at 9:30am everyday; close at 9:30pm most days, 10pm Friday and Saturdays. See map below; Supercharger marked with red star and entrance to Burlington marked with red arrow. Please keep this in mind if you happen to be here after hours and need to use the facilities.

upload_2018-1-2_8-49-41.png

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS and brkaus
It might be the specific date that you were visiting on. We have been there two weeks ago on Sunday and all the restaurants across the street were open. If you like dim sum I highly recommend Shanghai. My Asian side of the family concluded that it is as good ad you can get back home and they are rather picky.

We plan to try Chosun Galbi next time :)

• Informative
Reactions: benjiejr
Parked, plugged in, biked over to Pappasiots on the other side of 35 only to find the charger's on the fritz. It's charging, but very sporadically. Did not note the stall when I plugged in but will when I finish lunch and go back.

Attachments

• Austin Supercharger Fails.jpeg
    Austin Supercharger Fails.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 97
  • Informative
Reactions: CarlS
Two Issues:

Angled parking: This person may have learned how to drive at the same place as my wife. She avoids backing up if at all possible. When she test drove the Nissan Leaf in 2013 she fell in love with their back-up camera. Not so happy with our Tesla back-up camera view.

Not Plugged in: This could have been the charging was complete and their phone app told them to disconnect or get the $0.40 per minute charge (probably not as the station does not look to be 50% full). Even if that was the case, they should have move to a not charging parking spot.