Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The top pic is from the Tesla website :)
Aventura is up and running as of May 17! 35 chargers!!
A100F7CB-CB73-41A7-91E7-F14655A0A69B.jpeg
13A4B68C-6461-401B-BA72-C8419EA14B6D.jpeg
AE18354D-D79F-40D9-B5CA-3877C6B4693F.jpeg

urban SC... 72 kW MAX

better than nothing
According to media reports it appears that Tesla is currently producing Model 3s at the rate of about 200,000 per year and I believe that they will succeed in doubling that rate before year-end. Put another way, whereas the rate of new Supercharger installations has been very impressive, it nonetheless can't proceed at an exponential rate to match Model 3 production rate. Therefore, in the future certain Supercharger Stations are likely to periodically become congested.

Depending on your state of charge, as you state an Urban Supercharger could deliver up to a full 72 kW. This would occur without sharing the capacity with another Tesla and in certain circumstances might prove to be better than sharing the capacity of a standard Supercharger. Depending on when you arrive relative to another Tesla, and upon your relative states of charge, you might end up receiving less than 72 kW because you are sharing the capacity of the standard Supercharger.

Admittedly, having a standard Supercharger to yourself is the ideal situation. However, in the future the older standard Supercharger Stations with much fewer charging terminals than the newer Urban Supercharger Stations are more likely to periodically become congested. At such times the Urban Supercharger Stations may have an advantage of both having many more terminals which don't share the capacity of a Supercharger.

Larry

• Helpful
Reactions: Electric700
Moderator's note: Thread title changed to reflect operational status of the Aventura Supercharger Station.

Larry
Can someone please provide instructions where to enter the garage and how to find the new superchargers? Is there a parking fee like at Brickell and if yes, is there a way for endorsement?

I also wish the superchargers at Plantation would be doubled as they are packed very often recently.

Can someone please provide instructions where to enter the garage and how to find the new superchargers? Is there a parking fee like at Brickell and if yes, is there a way for endorsement?

I also wish the superchargers at Plantation would be doubled as they are packed very often recently.
The Aventura Mall chargers are located in the new parking garage on the east side of the Mall adjacent to just completed Mall expansion where the Tesla store is located. It's right near the giant metal slide sculpture (you'll know it when you see it!). There is no charge for parking, though the chargers have signs asking you to limit your parking to 30 minutes (but they don't suggest there will be fees if you stay past the 30 minutes).

The hard part is finding the chargers in the garage. As you enter the garage, go up the ramp in front of you, then turn right at the top. Continue to swing around to the right until you see another ramp going down a level. If you go down that ramp and take another right, your will see the two rows of superchargers. Hard to find, yes - but the point may be to make them inconvenient to prevent any de-ICEing issues. The same is true at Brickell City Centre - very hard to find, but there never any ICE cars there, even when the rest of the garage is full.

• Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin

Hi Mike,

To supplement CoCanes' excellent answer, I received a response from the General Manager of the Mall. He writes:

Dear Mr. Chanin,

Please be advised that parking at the mall is free unless you are using valet parking. The new garage is located to the North of the mall expansion, across from Publix and the Miami-Dade Library. This garage can be assessed thru NE 29th Place, if you come down Ives Dairy Road take the flyover over Biscayne Blvd, to 29th Place make a right and 29th Place will end at the entrance to the garage.

The chargers are located on the North side of the garage on the ground floor.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Oscar H. Pacheco
General Manager

Regarding the Plantation Superchargers, Tesla appears to be aware of the situation and has another "Coming Soon" Plantation Supercharger Station on the drawing board.

Larry

Hi Mike,

To supplement CoCanes' excellent answer, I received a response from the General Manager of the Mall. He writes:

Regarding the Plantation Superchargers, Tesla appears to be aware of the situation and has another "Coming Soon" Plantation Supercharger Station on the drawing board.

Larry

Thank you, Larry and CoCanes, for the detailed instructions.

I hope for the extension of the Plantation location.

Mike