Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Azusa, CA (LIVE 3 Jul 2023, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Permits are in for a new Supercharger in Azusa!!

16 stalls are coming soon to the Target at 809 N Azusa Ave. 4 L2 ChargePoint stalls are included as part of the agreement with Target.

Azusa.jpg

About time! Azusa was a glaring gap in coverage, considering that Tesla already has superchargers in Anaheim and Cuc .... amonga! If Elon had any hand in this decision, knowing his quirky sense of humor, the new location is probably located next to Track 5.

This is a great addition to fill the gap between Pasadena/Glendale and Rancho Cucamonga. Target is the perfect location for this supercharger as it also has a Starbucks, a CVS, and a walking distance from Azusa downtown and the metro gold line. This supercharger is going to be 2 minutes away from my apartment complex which is awesome.

Hey there!

I really enjoyed construction progress photos on TMC during my Tesla days and have been lurking here the past few weeks with some progress in opening some superchargers to other EV's

I live about 9 miles from this site and saw there was not an update recently so decided to head there.

There has been some progress and some changes.

I do believe the photos above are now going to be Chargepoint chargers as well as two Handicap Tesla spots (according to the very nice foreman who said hello while I was snapping photos)

There is now another area at the back of the parking lot which will be where the bulk of the Superchargers will be.

IMG_8607.jpg
IMG_8609.jpg
IMG_8608.jpg

IMG_8611.jpg
IMG_8610.jpg

Chargepoint / 2 HDCP Superchargers

IMG_8617.jpg

Chargepoint / Tesla HNDCP x2 Superchargers to the Right, Supercharger construction to the left and back wall of parking structure. Please forgive the Audi Q4 EV :)

IMG_8612.jpg
IMG_8613.jpg
IMG_8614.jpg

IMG_8615.jpg

Supercharger construction area.

The foreman was super nice and even said are you part of Tesla Motor Club? Had no idea when it might be completed because of the changes.

Hey there!

I really enjoyed construction progress photos on TMC during my Tesla days and have been lurking here the past few weeks with some progress in opening some superchargers to other EV's

I live about 9 miles from this site and saw there was not an update recently so decided to head there.

I do believe the photos above are now going to be Chargepoint chargers as well as two Handicap Tesla spots (according to the very nice foreman who said hello while I was snapping photos)

There is now another area at the back of the parking lot which will be where the bulk of the Superchargers will be.

View attachment 915321View attachment 915327View attachment 915328
View attachment 915333View attachment 915351

View attachment 915363

Chargepoint / Tesla HNDCP x2 Superchargers to the Right, Supercharger construction to the left and back wall of parking structure. Please forgive the Audi Q4 EV :)

View attachment 915370View attachment 915371View attachment 915372
View attachment 915373

The foreman was super nice and even said are you part of Tesla Motor Club? Had no idea when it might be completed because of the changes.
Awesome. Great update.

Hey there!

View attachment 915321View attachment 915327View attachment 915328
View attachment 915333View attachment 915351

View attachment 915363

View attachment 915370View attachment 915371View attachment 915372
View attachment 915373

so its only 2 tesla supercharger and the rest is chargepoint?

so its only 2 tesla supercharger and the rest is chargepoint?
One spot which was initially shared here now seems to be ChargePoint with two Tesla handicap chargers. The new construction spot I was told is 16 stalls. But the permit says 16 so I wonder if it’s 14 in one spot and two in the other spot. You can see a picture of the two construction sites in the above post with my car between them. Previously reported location behind my car and new construction in front of my car

I would be surprised to see two superchargers so far from the others but I have been out of the supercharging game for a few years. Maybe it’s more commonplace now

Reactions: MrFusion4
Yes, I have seen that layout before: 14 stalls on one side and then 2 handicap stalls on another side. Glendale is one example.
Thank you for the heads up! It’s been fun to visit sites again, etc. nice to see all the new sites and new configurations.

There is quite a bit of distance between these two spots but then again they will both be for charging

Reactions: rayluis1988