Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baker, CA - Expansion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarcoRP

Moderator note: This expansion was eventually opened as a part of the original Baker, CA site. Further discussion should take place in the original Baker, CA thread, which is here:

Just in case anyone thought 40 stalls at Baker wasn't enough, 56 more are on the way!!!

Baker.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm completely baffled by this expansion. This was already not well located as far as amenities, or even geographically along this travel corridor. I have also never, ever, ever, ever either been at this Supercharger (5Xs there live) or when I check it on the nav (100s of times) seen this Supercharger close to full. 20ish stalls full was as full as it's ever been.

Baffling!

Reactions: smilepak
I'm completely baffled by this expansion. This was already not well located as far as amenities, or even geographically along this travel corridor. I have also never, ever, ever, ever either been at this Supercharger (5Xs there live) or when I check it on the nav (100s of times) seen this Supercharger close to full. 20ish stalls full was as full as it's ever been.

Baffling!
I believe that Tesla just has a great relationship with this land owner and this is a corridor that will get busy as Tesla begins to allow non-tesla's at their Superchargers.

Reactions: PLUS EV and house9
Lots of permit activity recently for the expansion of this site. @bmah should this stay with the existing V2 thread or be moved elsewhere? The address is 71816 instead of 71808 like the og site.

Looks like 4 separate solar canopies, 310kw combined capacity.
1677437146558.png

Revision of the initial building permit.
1677437395300.png

Grading permit.
1677437552616.png

Electrical Permit.
1677437859985.png

Jeez, still not seeing anything in the above other than grading, EVSE, and supporting solar canopies. I checked back 6 months and saw an improvement permit, but no description of what that is for:

View attachment 911547

@Mrbrock how do we get more info on this?

RT
Are you talking about more info like site plans? Since they aren’t on the Accela site, you’d need to reach out to the county and ask. Most likely in the form of a public records request that most counties will charge a fee to send plans or require you to visit in person to print or make your own copies (for a fee of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.