Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baker, CA - StackCharge (permit approved)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found on a different article in which people interviewed the founders:

Stack Charge will not, at least initially, build its own chargers, but will “white label” existing units, Fung said, adding that electricity prices will be competitive. “We’re not looking to gouge people on charging.”

Reactions: Matsayz
The free CalTrans chargers are all 50kW CCS+CHAdeMO units. If you don't value your time, they're a great value. You also have to have an adapter to charge your Tesla there.
Interesting. Didn’t know thst

The free CalTrans chargers are all 50kW CCS+CHAdeMO units. If you don't value your time, they're a great value. You also have to have an adapter to charge your Tesla there.
They don't have the best support. One of the chargers at Tejon Ranch was down for the first half of it's life last year, both chargers going over the Sierra have been down since the winter. Not sure who to even contact when they are.

And yes, I am retired, no new money coming in, I'll take free, and 50kW is the fastest of the free chargers.

Last edited:

I used my chademo adapter at one on my way back from Vegas. I didn't need the juice, but no one else was connected and I needed a restroom break and a chance to stretch my legs.

9 kwh of energy (in about 15m) , free... Is free...

Also wasn't like I was blocking anyone in a 1st gen leaf or anything.

Screenshot_20220608-051119_Chrome.jpg

That is a very strange charging curve. I would have expected it to peg at 100A or 125A, not floating around at values below those.

Oh, wait, is it showing amps into the battery when it is labeled "Charger Current"?? That makes more sense. It probably used battery heating for a while, pushing down the current into the battery for that time. The time between 100A and 125A is probably also because of overhead usage in the car.

That is a very strange charging curve. I would have expected it to peg at 100A or 125A, not floating around at values below those.

Oh, wait, is it showing amps into the battery when it is labeled "Charger Current"?? That makes more sense. It probably used battery heating for a while, pushing down the current into the battery for that time. The time between 100A and 125A is probably also because of overhead usage in the car.
yeah, this Chademo/CCS can only put out a max of 125A @ 500V (62.5 theoretical max), but at 380V charging voltage, it only ended up being 40-42kw, still free is free. I will never consume enough free electrons to make buying the ChaDeMo, or CCS adapter 'profitable' from that sense, but that wasn't really the point at all.

This site is moving forward. Permit in review 11/20/22. 8 prefab units and 8 V3/alternate non-psu posts. I read that as the 8 pull through stalls will still be Tesla, not universal (unless they get the magic dock which is entirely possible). Wonder if they will build this along with the expansion at the site down the street. Makes sense if you have everyone in town for that one.
1677442354141.png

Interesting that there is no StackCharge branding on this permit. Maybe they are just the property owner and are contracting with Tesla to provide the chargers.

This site is moving forward. Permit in review 11/20/22. 8 prefab units and 8 V3/alternate non-psu posts. I read that as the 8 pull through stalls will still be Tesla, not universal (unless they get the magic dock which is entirely possible). Wonder if they will build this along with the expansion at the site down the street. Makes sense if you have everyone in town for that one.
View attachment 911627
Interesting that there is no StackCharge branding on this permit. Maybe they are just the property owner and are contracting with Tesla to provide the chargers.
This has been approved in the last 3 months. Still not issued though.
1685076322733.png

Reactions: BigWaveDragon