Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baker, CA (LIVE / EXPANDED 40 V2 + 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting; not seeing the familiar small cube-shaped autotransformers commonly found at other recent Supercharger projects. Perhaps they combined them into much larger units in the tall cabinets with the screen fronts. Would make sense to do it that way for this many pods.

Or maybe they are near the utility transformer that isn't shown in those pictures. The Kettleman site clearly has the individual autotransformers and it is a 40-stall site as well...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad
Was at this location for the first time today. Awesome. I love it. Guys driving pickup trucks pulling huge campers were driving by slowly staring at the chargers. Some car drivers parked nearby came up and asked the usual questions.

F430B159-811C-468D-9A3C-55C95E286347.jpeg

69972D0C-41F4-4756-925A-ACFB143D4CC4.jpeg

A6E6F95E-AA31-4B2B-B892-A540238A4DBC.jpeg

Very interesting thread. Last time hubby was thru this area to Vegas was with an ICE but now that we have our Tesla good to know all this has come about since then. So did anyone check the Tesla map stall indicator to see what kind if traffic it got over Thanksgiving break? So if they build it will they come?

Very interesting thread. Last time hubby was thru this area to Vegas was with an ICE but now that we have our Tesla good to know all this has come about since then. So did anyone check the Tesla map stall indicator to see what kind if traffic it got over Thanksgiving break? So if they build it will they come?
No one has spoken a word about supercharger use on this route this past weekend. My guess is everyone here was too smart to travel during this time. I took this route 3 years ago on a Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend and thought I was smart by leaving at 9am. It took me 7 hours to get back to LA (normally 4-4.5). So, last year at the same time, I left at 7am. It took me 5.5 hours. I simply will not come back from Vegas on the last day of a holiday weekend, if I ever go at all on one.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
No one has spoken a word about supercharger use on this route this past weekend
I was at Baker last Saturday at midday. Maybe two other cars charged while I was there for about 25 minutes. Pretty quiet. There was some traffic on I15 but it wasn’t too bad. I was on my way to Harris Ranch. The only slowdown I ran into was at the 58/395 intersection. I hate that traffic light.

I was at Baker last Saturday at midday. Maybe two other cars charged while I was there for about 25 minutes. Pretty quiet. There was some traffic on I15 but it wasn’t too bad. I was on my way to Harris Ranch. The only slowdown I ran into was at the 58/395 intersection. I hate that traffic light.
Kramer Junction is the worst ever. It is totally ridiculous that they don't station a patrolman to manage that intersection on Sunday evenings. I guess the local county doesn't care and no one in Vegas has thought to pay for it.

Apologies for the off-topic post :)