Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baker, CA (LIVE / EXPANDED 40 V2 + 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too think Yermo is vastly superior to Barstow. It's also an easier on/off the freeway.

I suspect a lot of the people who like to stop at Barstow just do it out of habit. For a long time it was the only option on the LA to Vegas route.

Barstow has a variety of establishments if you want to walk around. Eddie World at Yermo is a one stop shop right off the freeway with clean restrooms and a plethora of eating and snack options. I won’t stop in Barstow if I can help it anymore.

And since this is the Baker thread, I will admit it was not what I expected; with 40 stalls, I was expecting an experience like Kettleman. This week there was an overabundance of trash strewn about... it was a mess with only a handful of users. Perhaps most passing this Station for Primm.

Downtown is one scary place to charge at sundown

My daughter went to high school at LVA, across the street from the supercharger. Before she could drive we'd drop her off right there in front of it. After school she would walk 3 blocks to LV Blvd. to take the bus home, or directly past the supercharger to the container park, often after staying until evening in her Japanese classroom. This location seems to be a test of mettle for Tesla owners, yet was no big deal for a 16 year old girl. ;)

Anyway, back on topic: the last time I stopped at Baker was when the superchargers were under construction, and before I had a Tesla. I really think it was not a good choice for so many stalls when there is so little there. A Tesla lounge like Kettleman City, or other options at that end of town, would be so welcome.

Anyway, back on topic: the last time I stopped at Baker was when the superchargers were under construction, and before I had a Tesla. I really think it was not a good choice for so many stalls when there is so little there. A Tesla lounge like Kettleman City, or other options at that end of town, would be so welcome.
I would be happy with a decent sidewalk to the Mad Greek Cafe. As is Baker still beats waiting in line somewhere else.

Is the Baker Supercharger now closed? When I drove home from CES on Saturday and passed by Baker (I had enough charge to get to Barstow), and I noticed the dot on the map for Baker was gone and it was also missing from the phone app as a listed SuperCharger. From the freeway, I could see that there was no one there. Is it permanently closed for some reason?

My in-car nav shows the Baker SC as being available.

6D8FDECB-20C7-4802-8949-711434A488AE.jpeg

Clean restrooms. Jersey Mike Sandwiches and DQ. Another foods area, you should drive there. Walking is ok, but no sidewalk

Attachments

• 1257A7A5-8FE5-40E2-B344-3B9BB22336BE.jpeg
    1257A7A5-8FE5-40E2-B344-3B9BB22336BE.jpeg
    446.7 KB · Views: 144
  • CBD8A809-714D-4424-B3BA-A17739AAE870.jpeg
    CBD8A809-714D-4424-B3BA-A17739AAE870.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 148
  • FD806893-79CB-4EB3-B408-CE17DDE7FFBC.jpeg
    FD806893-79CB-4EB3-B408-CE17DDE7FFBC.jpeg
    506.6 KB · Views: 135
The Dairy Queen, gas station and convenience store are getting pretty long in the tooth. The men's room has 2 stalls. Tour busses pull in and the line for the women's restroom is 10 deep. There are lots of gas stations in Baker. Tesla and EA should buy that site, close the gas station, DQ and store, and put in a lounge like the one on I-5 at Kettleman City. Turn it into a pleasant destination versus something to be tolerated.

RT