Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bakersfield, CA (I-5 / Stockdale Hwy, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody else at Bakersfield right now. Charging rate is normal.

IMG_3136.JPG

Yeah sorry I was at this one exactly a week ago and it was flooded bad then too. Meant to post here. Now it looks like it's flooded even worse. There are 10 stalls though so I'm guessing a couple of them to the left of your pic are dry enough.

Appallingly poor drainage. I wonder if Tesla's contract with the company that built that SC specifies that the site must have adequate drainage? Maybe not.

Fortunately that can be fixed without too much difficulty, I would think. Need to install a drain running parallel next to the charge pedestals and then trench out to the drain under the side street about 50 ft away (hopefully there is one there!). Or out to the Main Street.

Reactions: Ulmo and Lloyd
Wow, is Harris Ranch still working?
I checked on the map and looks like these work:

Gilroy Manteca Fresno Harris-Ranch Tejon Atascadero Seaside

So, every route will work with an >85 battery no problem, and anything else you have to do full charges and calcs.

I'm at an Evgo Chademo on my way to Gustine to see what "Temporarily Closed" looks like up close.

Reactions: DOCAL
I checked on the map and looks like these work:

Gilroy Manteca Fresno Harris-Ranch Tejon Atascadero Seaside

So, every route will work with an >85 battery no problem, and anything else you have to do full charges and calcs.

I'm at an Evgo Chademo on my way to Gustine to see what "Temporarily Closed" looks like up close.
I just got to Gustine. The SC was dark. A manufacturer Tesla Model S with a Tesla worker was there locking the equipment gate. I asked what was wrong and he said a circuit breaker failed, and a part went bad.

I find it odd three are out on the same day though.

They seemed to dispatch a diagnostic person same day. That shows a willingness to fix it promptly.

Hopefully not some kind of vandalism/equipment theft again.
Seems quite possible. How else could Gustine, Bakersfield, and Buttonwillow all show "temporary closure" on the same day? And Harris Ranch and Tejon unaffected.

I am still not ruling out deliberate vandalism with the intent of making Tesla look bad, as opposed to simply stealing valuable circuit breakers to resell on the black market. The vandalism could even be designed to make it look like the perpatrators were after the circuit breakers but their real motive was simply to take down the Supercharger location. Some may find such speculation (and that is all it is at this point) veering towards paranoia, but it is possible.

Keep in mind that the same thing appears to have occurred at the Cabazon and Indio Superchargers earlier this week.

Also, I recall a few months ago that the Barstow Supercharger was rendered inoperative because circuit breakers were stolen from that location.

Tesla can attempt to solve this problem by adding additional protection to the enclosures where all the expensive hardware is located, such as chain link on top to form a "roof" of sorts. However that can be penetrated without a great deal of effort.

If these incidents continue to occur, this could be a serious problem for Tesla. Security cameras could help, but can't stop such incidents.

Last edited:
used it about three weeks ago, no problems encountered, except the glares of the ice drivers coming and going from the large station there.

probably has better bathroom facilities that the one north of there, which overloads the subway/starbucks very easily. I like parking there more, but the poor restroom conditions make that a secondary choice in the future. I will more likely depend on this location as there are plenty of stalls, provided the weather is agreeable.

5B stopped after about 70 miles of charging. No my car wasn't done. It just gave up and stopped giving any current, with no notification on the app that charging had stopped. Wasted a fair bit of time on that, not pleased.

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
Charging here right now at 115 kW (battery at 35%). Have been here several times since it opened but just noticed something odd. See photo below. The pedestal shown on the driver's side of my car actually serves both the space I am parked in (but only if you back into that space) AND the space to the left of where I am parked (but at a right angle). So that one pedestal serves two different spaces. I can't recall another super charger I've ever been to that it has a pedestal that works like that.

IMG_4344.JPG

Last edited: