Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bakersfield, CA (I-5 / Stockdale Hwy, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by here today because Tejón was still closed. 1pm on Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Most stalls in use, though I saw someone leave and quickly moved to her spot as it was unpaired.

We ate at the Jack in the Box. I typically can eat, and even enjoy, their junk food, but this one is really bad. Definitely a step down from their usual. The bathrooms were totally disgusting too. Will try not to step foot in that place again.

As usual — based on my experience — this Supercharger sees very little use. Charging now and no other Teslas have been here for over half an hour.

And this Supercharger has a “trailer friendly” stall. :) While my trailer does stick out, this area of the parking lot near the IHOP and gas station has multiple wide entrances and lots of space; I don’t feel like I am blocking anyone from getting in and out.

07D89D7B-9253-4707-8C48-4C3305C3D189.jpeg

Last edited:
As usual — based on my experience — this Supercharger sees very little use. Charging now and now other Teslas have been here for over half an hour.

And this Supercharger has a “trailer friendly” stall. :) While my trailer does stick out, this area of the parking lot near the IHOP and gas station has multiple wide entrances and lots of space; I don’t feel like I am blocking anyone from getting in and out.

View attachment 336053
The palm trees and morning sunlight almost make it look like a nice place to hang out!

I was in Bako--low charge and needed to go east to I-15. Did not have enough juice to make it over Tehachapi pass to the Mojave SC so had to go west out of Bako to this SC. It was okay. Frustrated that the work on the Downtown SC in Bako has not begun. Originally scheduled for 2017. Still nothing. Same with SCs at Kramer Junction and Hesperia. All scheduled for 2017--now for 2018. Still no sign of anything starting. Did they pull the plug on these plans?

I was in Bako--low charge and needed to go east to I-15. Did not have enough juice to make it over Tehachapi pass to the Mojave SC so had to go west out of Bako to this SC. It was okay. Frustrated that the work on the Downtown SC in Bako has not begun. Originally scheduled for 2017. Still nothing. Same with SCs at Kramer Junction and Hesperia. All scheduled for 2017--now for 2018. Still no sign of anything starting. Did they pull the plug on these plans?
Moderator note: that issue can be discussed in this topic that @Big John just started at
Supercharger Buildout Slowing Down?

Thank you.

As usual — based on my experience — this Supercharger sees very little use. Charging now and no other Teslas have been here for over half an hour.

View attachment 336053
Bummer. We were there at right around that time. Would love to have seen your rig!

The downtown Bakersfield S/C was scheduled to be somewhere between the East end of the Westside Parkway and the 99/58. That would be the area where the Westside Parkway was to be extended to meet the 99/58. Permits were pulled but the project is at a stand still because the money for the road extension was not released by Governor Brown. The S/C permits were canceled and now the exact location is TBD, depending on the future road work. There is some demo going on for the road right of way, but it's very slow right now.

Good to know! I just posted on the Buttonwillow SC thread asking which of these two would be better when pulling a trailer! Now I know and while ours is longer than yours, @ecarfan, if there is plenty of room there we should be able to do what you did.

View attachment 336053

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ohmman
Just tried to charge here because my screen showed Buttonwillow is full. This one is blocked off by the cops and a hazmat team. Apparently there is a diesel spill at the adjacent gas station that they are cleaning up. Cops told me it will be closed all day and they are sending people to Buttonwillow, which explains why that one is full. I was headed south so I went down to Tejon Ranch, which is also nearly full. 1 stall open when I arrived.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and Dave EV
Just tried to charge here because my screen showed Buttonwillow is full. This one is blocked off by the cops and a hazmat team. Apparently there is a diesel spill at the adjacent gas station that they are cleaning up. Cops told me it will be closed all day and they are sending people to Buttonwillow, which explains why that one is full. I was headed south so I went down to Tejon Ranch, which is also nearly full. 1 stall open when I arrived.
well that explains it. I was thinking it was bizarre for Buttonwillow to be full most of the day while this one sat empty.

well that explains it. I was thinking it was bizarre for Buttonwillow to be full most of the day while this one sat empty.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I checked this thread and nobody has posted anything, so I just assumed people were hitting Buttonwillow instead due to the better amenities around that one. Guess now I know that if one of those chargers is full up for hours while the other one is completely empty for hours, there's definitely a problem!

Cops were nice. They saw me drive up and waved me over. Told me the situation and said they had been sending people to Buttonwillow all day. I was heading south though, and had enough range to get to Tejon Ranch, where I posted in this thread to give people a heads up.