Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Bakersfield, CA - 4200 California Ave (probable location found)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's showing 1Q 2023 and Tesla posted address by mistake. I managed to save the address before Tesla scrubbed it.
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 12.23.20 PM.png

Reactions: IronQQQ
It has been a few more weeks since the last post and I plan to drive my new Tesla from LA to Bakersfield from time-to-time to visit family - especially as we enter "holiday" season. What are the best options without having to go "out-of-town" to the south or west? A centrally-located site near the intersection of all the existing (and new) freeways seems logical.
(Too bad mom & dad don't have a good 220V outlet in a convenient location for me!!!)

You don't state which model that you drive.

The round trip from Tejon Ranch to Bakersfield is maybe 60 miles give or take. You can add 60 miles of range over a 12-hour charging session from a 120V/15A wall plug. There is also a cluster of J-1772 chargers listed on PlugShare in the downtown area that are offered through ChargePoint. There are fees associated with these chargers. Those will provide about 6+kW. Three hours at one of those plugs will add close to 20kWh to your battery.

In other words, unless you plan on doing a lot of driving during your visit with your folks, I believe if you leave Tejon Ranch with 90%, you should be able to depart with no less than 35%, which is an easy drive back to the Supercharger at Tejon Ranch.

I don’t see any utility transformer near the pin. There’s a utility project dated 10-23-22 in progress for a transformer install in that parking lot so there’s a slight chance it may be something. On the other hand, the Bakersfield pins have been in flux for the last weeks with obvious errors so perhaps this is nothing.

Find Us is showing a new location (Double Tree). I tried calling the hotel listed but they said they have no Tesla chargers there. If this is an error, it's lasted a long time.
Looks like they tried to fix it again and still got it wrong. Copus Rd is back on the map, but its status and that of 4200 California appear to be swapped. Copus Rd (which I'm pretty sure is still open) is now listed as "coming soon" with no estimated opening date.

I don't thing the Tesla map location means anything until it is open. The Supercharger in Mariposa is largely complete, just waiting for a transformer, yet the spot in Mariposa on the Tesla map is on the main road in the center of town rather than the actual location at Pioneer Market on Coakley Circle.

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah