Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bakersfield, CA - Copus Rd. (LIVE, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged here on Saturday, June 18, with no issues. The men‘s bathroom was clean; I have no information about the women’s. There is a Shell gas station being built immediately to the west of the Supercharger.

B8A11EC8-5440-49BC-B5BA-550DA42C8FFB.jpeg 76F34B73-43A9-46C8-86B7-15DDC7A27768.jpeg

@corywright @Big Earl @Chuq

supercharge.info is still showing this site as "temporary closure". We've seen enough people charging here over the past few months that it might be reasonable to return it to "open" status. (I just checked the nav display on my car and it's open now with one stall down.) Tesla even advertised it for free off-hours charging during the July 4 weekend. I'm going to mark it as "live" here on TMC in a moment.

Bruce.

I was there on Sunday around 7pm. The restroom ran out of water. My wife declined and had me take her to Tejon V2.

A lady with a young boy was trying to figure out what to do. Looked the kid was having a potty emergency.... The type where they needed a flushing toilet.

Another lady with 3 girls in an MX promptly drove off.

After a weekend of busy charging stay away from Corpus rd if you need a flushing toilet.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Dave EV and Zorg
I visited on the way home on December 29th. Minor flooding in the middle of the dirt, causing a few stalls to be blocked by people backing in to avoid driving through the puddle (mini lake). The shell station next door progressed minorly, with the quick-e-mart being the most progress. Bizarre location, and of course, it was my parent's first time experiencing supercharging with me after I had gloated on what a wonderful experience it had been thus far.

Drove I-5 yesterday and this entire site was closed. I suspect it was due to flooding and/or mud.

Site note: We were initially directed to the Bakersfield (Stockdale Hwy) location but it was a bust. Three out-of-order stalls and the one we attempted to use wouldn't provide over 65kW and regularly flaked out down to 0 kW. We wound up driving over to the new station off Enos Ln, a couple miles off I-5.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
Drove I-5 yesterday and this entire site was closed. I suspect it was due to flooding and/or mud.

Site note: We were initially directed to the Bakersfield (Stockdale Hwy) location but it was a bust. Three out-of-order stalls and the one we attempted to use wouldn't provide over 65kW and regularly flaked out down to 0 kW. We wound up driving over to the new station off Enos Ln, a couple miles off I-5.
I supercharged at Stockdale Highway this morning with no issues.

Did you verify that Copus Rd. is closed or do you mean the Nav just says it is closed? Because a friend reports charging there recently and I also was able to charge at Cal Club Rd. this morning even though the Nav said it was closed. There are currently no amenities at those two locations which is why I think the Nav lists them as closed.

I supercharged at Stockdale Highway this morning with no issues.

Did you verify that Copus Rd. is closed or do you mean the Nav just says it is closed? Because a friend reports charging there recently and I also was able to charge at Cal Club Rd. this morning even though the Nav said it was closed. There are currently no amenities at those two locations which is why I think the Nav lists them as closed.

Nav reported it as closed. I didn't actually go there, but looking at it as I drove by on I-5 I could tell the lot was empty. I just assumed it would be a muddy, possibly flooded mess given the amount of rain recently.