Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bakersfield, CA - Copus Rd. (LIVE, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged at Copus today. Opened just in time as it was indicated as packed off an on this afternoon. This is as bare bones as it gets. No fruit stand, but Tesla had a nice person on site handing out water and snacks. The mobile restrooms are clean.

Attachments

• 44E568E9-0915-4B87-B7E6-0116AD98B7BF.jpeg
    44E568E9-0915-4B87-B7E6-0116AD98B7BF.jpeg
    374.7 KB · Views: 182
Just from looking at my nav screen this location was almost full or full at times during Saturday afternoon which is a busy travel time. However there was rarely a wait as V3 turns over quickly. The other 3 south valley locations seemed to be helped by this new one since they were almost full too but it was rare to see a wait. Before this new supercharger, busy travel times such as a Saturday afternoon meant a substantial wait to supercharge in the south valley.

Just from looking at my nav screen this location was almost full or full at times during Saturday afternoon which is a busy travel time. However there was rarely a wait as V3 turns over quickly. The other 3 south valley locations seemed to be helped by this new one since they were almost full too but it was rare to see a wait. Before this new supercharger, busy travel times such as a Saturday afternoon meant a substantial wait to supercharge in the south valley.
Which 3 south valley locations are you talking about? (I'm not from cali)

This Band-Aid should hold up until Labor Day :)

One thing I like about this location, and that others do not, is that there are zero amenities here. Pretty much everyone on this forum know that charging rates decline as you top off, and you are better off leaving with just enough to get you to your next destination. That is not the case with the average users, who honestly, have no clue. I know plenty of highly intelligent executives who simply never learned, nor care. They just plug in until done. At this site, with absolutely nothing to do, they may actually believe it when they see the message that they have enough to move on.

Are the temporary restrooms installed for the 4th weekend still in place? I'll be heading up there Sunday and might just stop by to see the new Supercharger. Passengers may need a bio break. I saw the Reddit picture of the two Tesla employees giving out water and snacks, very thoughtful.

RT

Are the temporary restrooms installed for the 4th weekend still in place? I'll be heading up there Sunday and might just stop by to see the new Supercharger. Passengers may need a bio break. I saw the Reddit picture of the two Tesla employees giving out water and snacks, very thoughtful.

RT
They don't look THAT temporary to me. I would expect them to remain until the rest of the surrounding facility is completed and their restrooms are open for use.

Did another Friday charge here...
  • I saw a manufacturer plate Model X (black) pull in with a yoke steering wheel. Think it was a Long Range. Cool to see.
  • On a very hot day the AC in the bathrooms was nice. Bathrooms are definitely more on the permanent side then temporary.
  • If a bathroom door is shut all the way you will need a code to open. Just like at Kettleman check the map for the pin.
  • No employees giving water or snacks this time.

Did another Friday charge here...
  • I saw a manufacturer plate Model X (black) pull in with a yoke steering wheel. Think it was a Long Range. Cool to see.
  • On a very hot day the AC in the bathrooms was nice. Bathrooms are definitely more on the permanent side then temporary.
  • If a bathroom door is shut all the way you will need a code to open. Just like at Kettleman check the map for the pin.
  • No employees giving water or snacks this time.
Ah. A repeat customer! When I stopped by there, it was very busy so I left the bathroom door slightly cracked (no air gap) so that people behind me didn't need to use the code and knew that it was available. I wonder if there are any plans for the nearby lot with the partially dug out foundation?

Reactions: HandleX
Bathrooms are definitely portable, though not in the way we are trained to think. These are used at high-end events, etc. Very nice of Tesla to bring these in, when they had no such obligation. As crappy as Tesla’s customer service has been, it is refreshing to see they still got some game in this department.