Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baltimore, MD - Boston Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Lol. So, H/T to @CHRGIT for inadvertently leading me to this possible location for a future supercharger. S/He started a thread for Supercharger - Easton, MD yesterday with a Miss Utility ticket for a site survey on behalf of Tesla. I wanted to look at the original source document, not just the quoted bits, but because the post didn't include a link to the document in question nor even include the ticket number I had to do my own search for Tesla projects if I wanted to find it. Not knowing that Easton, MD was on the "Eastern Shore MD", I searched for Tesla related tickets in the "Western Shore MD" (for some reason the search treats these as different states) and I came across another utility survey for site design (NOT digging) of a supercharger station. This one within Baltimore.

This location would be next to the Harris Teeter at the Shops at Canton Crossing. Which is surprisingly close to their existing supercharger (at the other Harris Teeter in Baltimore)--less than 2 miles, as the bird flies, ENE right across the Patapsco River. No guarantee that this one ever pans out into actual construction/operation, but another place to keep an eye on going forward.

Ticket #: 19481503
DESIGNER
Original Call Date: 07/16/19 02:35 pm

CALLER INFORMATION
Company Name: BISCON AERO [Ed.- same company/person as did the Easton, MD location]
Contact Name: GREG CONDON

DIG SITE INFORMATION
Type of Work: INST OF ELECTRIC CAR STATION
Work Being Done For: TESLA CORPORATION
Explosives: N

DIG SITE LOCATION
State: MD
County: BALTIMORE CITY
Place: BALTIMORE
Subdivision:
Address: 3779
Street: BOSTON ST
Intersecting Street: EATON ST
Extent of Work: MARK THE PARKING LOT LOCATED IN FRONT OF NORDSTORM RACK AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS.
Remarks: DESIGNER NOTICE
Address: 3779 Boston St, Baltimore, MD 21224 (pin dropped in the general location where I believe the chargers would go; google maps has an old satellite picture, the Nordstom Rack mentioned in the ticket wasn't yet built)

62388388-FFF2-4678-A30B-44B1221538AE.jpeg
Being installed next to Harris teeter as said in original post

I live nearby and have periodically been driving by to check. It does not look like any work has been done in a few weeks, other than some of the plastic being removed from the charging stations. There actually still remains a concrete pad with some pipes coming up that looks like more equipment is needed. You can see it on SabrToothSqrl's photos. This is incredibly close to my house, so I cannot wait for it to open. I shop here all the time, so I guess I will be doing some extra walking once this is open, as the chargers are in an out of the way spot in the parking lot.

Also, ingress and egress to this shopping center stinks. While close to I-95, it is one lane each way coming from the east (I-95) and getting out of the center can be a nightmare. They are also constructing another shopping center across the street. Allegedly there will be road and traffic light improvements coming, but with Baltimore City who knows when that will be. As it stands, I conti9nue to go to the free ChadEMo charger at the nearby waterfront park.

Baltimore - Canton, MD

Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1, US-40
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-895

I-95

To: White Marsh, MD (Construction) - 12 miles
Diversion: 1.9 miles
To: Aberdeen, MD - 25.6 miles

Adding to density along I-95.