Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baltimore, MD - South Caton Avenue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla Supercharger map has a "coming soon" pin for Halethorpe, MD. (Suburb south of Baltimore off I-95 and I-295) I have noticed that several other "coming soon" locations such as Aberdeen MD, Northeast, MD and Grasonville, MD are well under way (Grasonville is almost done apparently and the others should be done soon too). I have not seen any updates on Halethorpe, and don't know where it is supposed to be. If anyone knows anything, can you let us know? Or if you know where it is supposed to be, I will go check it out....

Was hoping this would be ready for our winter flights from BWI. Guess not?

We can make the round trip to/from BWI most of the time, but it gets dicey in cold weather, so a supercharger would be most welcome...

Ben
Where are you coming from? There is a supercharger in Laurel as well as a couple north of Baltimore on 95. In addition plenty of other charging options in the area.

We're in the Lancaster area, so we're going up and down 283, and the 95 corridor superchargers aren't on our route. Haplethrope will be wonderful once it comes online.

The chargers in the BWI lot are a thought, though we're usually away for a week at a time, so it wouldn't be good to tie those up for such a long time. Wish airports had regular outlets so we could park for the week and let the car slowly charge itself up?

-Ben

We're in the Lancaster area, so we're going up and down 283, and the 95 corridor superchargers aren't on our route. Haplethrope will be wonderful once it comes online.

The chargers in the BWI lot are a thought, though we're usually away for a week at a time, so it wouldn't be good to tie those up for such a long time. Wish airports had regular outlets so we could park for the week and let the car slowly charge itself up?

-Ben

There's also a private lot nearby (FastPark) that also has 4 (I think 4) ChargePoint plugs and lots of EV-only parking. They're spaced so that each plug can reach ~4 parking spots, which makes sharing easier; you could leave a note on your car along the lines of "ok to unplug on or after XX/YY/ZZ" -- or if they're full, "please plug in when possible." I've used that FastPark lot many times and I've been quite satisfied with them; I've only used the charging once.
FastPark | Linthicum Heights, MD | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

If those don't work for you for whatever reason, there seem to be quite a few CHAdeMO stations nearby with pretty good ratings, including a Royal Farms station between I-97 and the airport, another Royal Farms near the I-95/I-695 interchange, and Arundel Mills Mall.

-Ben
I am 5 minutes from BWI. If you wanted to leave your car in front of my house I could pull it in the garage and charge it to full for you prior to you getting back. Unfortunately i am out of room in my drive way so it would be parked on the street during the week.

I use the CHAdeMo at Arundel Mills Mall whenever I am there. Its good, but of course you need the adapter. There is a J1772 plug, but I think you need to unlock it with a SEMA card, not sure, since i used the CHAdeMo. There is no charge for the CHAdeMo.

However, I don't think it is a problem to keep yourself plugged in at the BWI daily garage. If you can get a spot in the bottom level, your car is inside, which is also a perk. I also think there are chargers on the top level, but that is outside, AFAIK.

Wow, appreciate all the ideas and sdugan99's generous offer!

We actually do have a chademo adapter but haven't used it much after a sub-par experience. On the way back from Baltimore, we failed to charge at the Royal Farms on 283 and then after multiple tries finally got the station working at the Arby's in York. I had tested the adapter at our local Nissan dealer before departure and thought I had it all planned out, but alas. We'll give Arundel Mills Mall a go the next time we're down there!

-Ben