Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bancroft, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Tesla is planning to install a new Supercharger at the Canadian Tire in Bancroft (341 Hastings St N, Bancroft ON), per an article mentionning Canadian Tire commitment to electromobility in 2020 (article below)

Canadian Tire also announced they would be adding Superchargers in Nepean (Ottawa), Kincardine, and Castlegar, BC.

Will (maybe) add on Supercharge Info!

Canadian Tire to install 240 fast chargers before year-end | Electric Autonomy Canada
2237A81B-6F7B-4F6F-9BF4-9EA9C0596D58.jpeg

This is fantastic news... Like @ChooseGreen says... This is a game changer for the region. Now there will be a lot more travel up into Algonquin Park and it will certainly help with Winter Range in the region since I lose 40-50% of range when it is a steady -20 up here in the winter.

This is fantastic news... Like @ChooseGreen says... This is a game changer for the region. Now there will be a lot more travel up into Algonquin Park and it will certainly help with Winter Range in the region since I lose 40-50% of range when it is a steady -20 up here in the winter.

Yes great news! I would have thought that hwy 60 would be hit first but then they went around superior and not up 11 north. The answer to range anxiety is chargers so the more the merrier. Winter is not an EV's best friend and SC's 150 km apart will help for all with 3 and y's "math" anxiety. Bet they went through the same thing when gas stations started to appear; thinking if they should get rid of their horse and buggy. Another SC will be a better up grade to us over their wifi software updates for a bit. For us it is the Renfrew/ "Arnprior" area that requires one @ -20 to -25C and it is also scheduled. Guess Nepean west works; keep them coming!

Time to give this thread some attention :)

Now that Kincardine is under construction, this leaves Bancroft as the last of the Ontario Supercharger sites announced by Canadian Tire where we haven't seen any construction yet.

thanks for the updates! ill be in this area over thanksgiving and this would be a huge help if it was up and running by then.. I missed out on the Peterborough superchargers by a week last time i was up in this area, I'm guessing the same thing will happen with these chargers

This is great news! I will be going to Killbear Park for Thanksgiving weekend from Ottawa with my model 3 SR+. What do you think my odds are that this supercharger would be up and running in one week? They seem to be making progress quickly! Has anyone used the level 2 chargers in Bancroft recently - can I rely on them?