TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Bandon, OR

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Lyon, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Looks like the permit for the Bandon, OR Supercharger has been applied for.

It's at 44 Michigan Ave NE, Bandon OR 97411. Looks like a Rite-Aid. Four stalls

Full Text of the email that just went to the Northwest Tesla Owners Club Google group:

bcd.oregon.gov
    Building Application
    Commercial Electrical
    194-16-001442-ELEC
    COOS COUNTY
    Oregon Building Codes - Coos Bay
    Field Office
    500 Central Ave, Suite 135
    Coos Bay,OR 97420
    541-266-1098
    FAX: 541-266-1146
    ********** PERMIT HAS NOT BEEN ISSUED **********
    TYPE OF WORK
    Type of Work:
    New
    Category of Construction:
    Commercial
    Description of Work: 4 supercharging cabinets, 2 switchgears and 1 CT cabinet on H-Frame
    JOB SITE INFORMATION
    Parcel:
    28S1430AD01900 - Primary
    Property Address:
    44 Michigan Ave Ne, Bandon, OR 97411
    Owner: NORTHGATE ENTERPRISES,
    LLC
    Address: PO BOX 1583
    CORVALLIS OR 97336
    LICENSED PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION
    Business Name License Address Phone
    REQUIRED INSPECTIONS
    The list of inspections below represents the inspections required for this project at the time of permit printing. Additional inspections may be
    required through the life of the project. You will receive notification of any additional inspection requirements for project completion. All
    required inspections must be completed and approved.
    4999 Final Electrical
    Schedule Inspections online at www.buildingpermits.oregon.gov or by calling: 1-888-299-2821
    When calling for an inspection, use IVR Number: 194063775780
    PERMIT FEES
    Fee Description Quantity Amount
    Services over 1,000 amps or volts 1.00 Ea $469.00
    Electrical plan review 469.00 Ea $117.25
    State of Oregon Surcharge - Elec (12% of applicable fees) 469.00 Ea $56.28
    Total Fees: $642.53
    This application will expire if application acceptance cannot be achieved within 180 days.
    All provisions of laws and ordinances governing this type of work will be complied with
    whether specified herein or not. Granting of a permit does not presume to give authority to
    violate or cancel the provisions of any other state or local law regulating construction or the
    performance of construction.
    Printed on: 07/28/2016 1
    All persons or entities performing work under this application are required to be licensed
    unless exempted by ORS 701.010.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  2. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Member

Wow, the Oregon/CA coast is going to be well covered! Seaside>Lincoln>Bandon>Crescent City>Eureka

3. ilovemycoffee

ilovemycoffee Member

Great addition to the South Coast!

Unfortunately, the ice cream shop at Face Rock Creamery, and the Bandon Sweets and Treats are some distance away. There's a Ray's Food at that strip mall.

4. emupilot

emupilot Member

4 supercharging cabinets would be 8 stalls since 2 stalls share each one.

5. vperl

vperl Member

########

Yes, I found the application early last night , notice the application was dated yesterday.

6. vperl

vperl Member

&&&&&&&

Yep, was bored and early yesterday found application for permits there is also a application for the structure.

Just a lucky catch on my part...

7. AndyM

AndyM Member

8. Debani

Debani Member

Good catch, Lyon! Hope Bandon gets the same crew.

9. 5YJSA

5YJSA Member

WOOT! This is so exciting. Things are lighting up on the 101!

• Dislike x 1
  10. vperl

vperl Member

I was very surprised to be the first one to report the electrical and structure permit application.

As before I lucked out.

11. vperl

vperl Member

#######

When I found the permit application, I found out a Ray's grocery store, a medium chain of 20,000-30,000 sqft stores with parking lots. They have nice deli and bathrooms.

• Helpful x 1
  12. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

Nice work for sleuthing this out. Can't wait until the permit is approved and we start to see pics of construction on this thread.

• Like x 2
  13. otter

otter Member

We usually walk over to the nearby Ray's Food Place when we charge at Mt. Shasta. It's about one block south of that SC. My dad tipped me- he has stopped there for years. We agree RE the good deli.

14. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Happy that they've filled in the last piece for the Oregon Coast. Bummer it won't be ready this month/tourist season, but the AeroVironment ChaDeMo network there is excellent, so there's that.

I have decided that I need more sour and wild ale from DeGarde in Tillamook, along with stops at 7 Devils in Coos Bay and Deschutes in Bend, so north I shall go. Pretty coast up thataway for sure.

• Like x 1
  15. otter

otter Member

Enjoy! Those are all great brews, although I also feel fortunate to live 20 minutes from Rogue in Newport.

Off-topic (sort of) question: I find that the AeroVironment CHAdeMO chargers work the most smoothly for me if I plug my adapter into my MS port first, and then start up the charger and go through the connection process just as I used to with my Leaf. I'm essentially treating my adapter as if it was a pre-existing CHAdeMO port, already connected, on the car. Doing it as advised from some other sources, by attaching the adapter to the CHAdeMO cable before connecting it to the car, often resulted in connection failures for me. (I should also say I have usually gotten prompt and effective help- often from rebooting the charger- by calling the AV phone number on the charger.) Anyone having the same experience?

16. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

I almost always connect the adapter to the ChaDeMo connector/cable and then plug the adapter into the car, holding down the lever while making sure the whole thing doesn't fall apart.

I've had to call once or twice but most of the time, that works fine. The AV units have been the most trouble-free of all of the ones I've used. But that adapter assembly is not small. Or easy to manage, relatively speaking.

17. Lyon

That was you? I couldn't identify the sender of the email. Also, great work!

18. Lyon

I'm just the reporter, the source is @vperl . I'm a member of a number of Google groups where a lot of this information tends to get posted. I like to pass it along to this group. While I've started a number of these threads I think I've only actually found one of the permits on my own.

19. docherf

docherf Member

I just had the same experience. I kept getting error messages, but then when I connected the adapter to the tesla first, it worked perfectly. It is cumbersome to juggle that adapter and the hefty chademo cord.

20. otter

otter Member

Since I asked that question, I have heard from friends who used my CHAdeMO adapter a few times before theirs arrived. They found that my adapter worked best when connected to their car first. Their adapter works best connected to the CHAdeMO cable first, as TaoJones does, which I think is the standard procedure. That suggests to me that not all adapters behave identically, which seems odd. But all that matters to me is that it does work! I have found it extremely useful when wandering off the supercharger network, although Tesla is about to make it unnecessary on US 101:).