Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bandon, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's what it looked like this evening. Looks like 8 stalls, trailer friendly.

Attachments

• IMG_1145.JPG
    IMG_1145.JPG
    471 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1144.JPG
    IMG_1144.JPG
    442.3 KB · Views: 231
Thanks for checking on it! Great photos.

They've made a lot of progress in two weeks. It looks like they'll be pulling cable soon.

That looks like the concrete lid to the transformer vault lying on the pavement in both photos. I'm pretty sure the vault itself is at the end of that gravel-filled diagonal trench which appears to end near the pile of dirt and large sign. That's a key spot to watch. Once the local utility places the transformer, a significant hurdle will have been crossed.

Reactions: ilovemycoffee
We are leaving Seattle on Monday after the storm passes to head down the coast for our first visit to CA. We drove to AZ from MD in May, then drove up to Seattle first of Oct. Reading about Bandon and hoping for a miracle but from the pics above I guess we need to find a CHADeMO around there for out 101 trip. I thank everybody who has posted progress notes on this new SC.

@Botbldr45 -- there are CHAdeMO chargers about every 50 miles along the 101 in Oregon -- you'll be fine.

We drove from AZ up to BC and back in July/August. We took 101 up from San Francisco, with no Superchargers between Ukia and Seaside. We charged overnight at hotels 2 nights, with CHAdeMO in between...

We are leaving Seattle on Monday after the storm passes to head down the coast for our first visit to CA. We drove to AZ from MD in May, then drove up to Seattle first of Oct. Reading about Bandon and hoping for a miracle but from the pics above I guess we need to find a CHADeMO around there for out 101 trip. I thank everybody who has posted progress notes on this new SC.
I heartily agree with ZBB. The Oregon coast is replete with CHAdeMOs and they're not likely to be heavily used on Monday. I have used the CHAdeMO at the Fred Meyer in Coos Bay twice in the last couple of months with no problem. That's pretty much halfway between Lincoln City and Crescent City. The CHAdeMO in Port Orford still has its 10.0 rating on Plugshare. The CHAdeMO at Fred Meyer in Brookings has been reported as cranky, but it's so close to Crescent City that you will just sail past it.

I live on the central Oregon coast, and the recent storms have been much gentler here than further north. On Monday, you should have no issues with power outages from Lincoln City southward. Enjoy the trip!

(And if you get a chance, let us know if you see a transformer at the Bandon site. It's at the north end of town, in front of the Dollar Store and Ralph's on the west side of the highway.)

Last edited:

FWIW I made the trip from the Lincoln City supercharger to the Crescent City supercharger in one shot last month with about 30 miles of range to spare. It's a 256 mile trip and I could have made it with 50 miles to spare if I really wanted to, but the last half of the trip, I sped up and used the climate control. I was in a new S90D, so your range will be a little lower, but I still think it's doable if you really want to.

Obviously you would need to get a full charge before setting out, heat up the car as hot as you can stand, but then turn off the climate control before unplugging at the supercharger, then drive 5-10mph under the speed limit. Of course you should have a chademo or level 2 as a backup plan, in case it looks too close, but if you really want to do it, I'm pretty sure you could. Good luck!

Bandon, OR

Looks like this will be done in record time....nice.
Some striping and a visit from the Tesla Bunny seem to be the only things lacking. Hopefully the wait for the tech will be shorter than it was in Lincoln City, but no matter. Soon 101 will be complete all the way from San Diego to Aberdeen! Thanks for keeping an eye on it for us!

Some striping and a visit from the Tesla Bunny seem to be the only things lacking. Hopefully the wait for the tech will be shorter than it was in Lincoln City, but no matter. Soon 101 will be complete all the way from San Diego to Aberdeen! Thanks for keeping an eye on it for us!

I hate to break the news to you, Otter. On July 1, 1964, the State of California adopted its "great renumbering" legislation. As a result, the southern terminus of US101 was truncated from the international border at San Ysidro to the current East Los Angeles interchange where Interstates 5/10 split.

A lot of US routes in California (like US466 and US399) were eliminated entirely, while others like US395 and US6 were truncated substantially.

I hate to break the news to you, Otter. On July 1, 1964, the State of California adopted its "great renumbering" legislation. As a result, the southern terminus of US101 was truncated from the international border at San Ysidro to the current East Los Angeles interchange where Interstates 5/10 split.

A lot of US routes in California (like US466 and US399) were eliminated entirely, while others like US395 and US6 were truncated substantially.
Yeah, technically all that is true, but when I drive through there it still feels like 101 to me, especially when I can get off the freeways. Ditto 66.
Emotionally, and irrationally, I even consider Canada's 99 as an extension of 101....as far as Squamish. Just drove up there along the fjord this weekend.

Last edited:
Yeah, technically all that is true, but when I drive through there it still feels like 101 to me, especially when I can get off the freeways. Ditto 66.
Emotionally, and irrationally, I even consider Canada's 99 as an extension of 101....as far as Squamish. Just drove up there along the fjord this weekend.

Canada's 99 was the counterpart of US 99. There's room in your heart for more than 101, right? C'mon, give ol' 99 some love. It was decommissioned just like 66 and needs all it can get.

Once Bandon is finished do you think they might eventually slap one in between there and Lincoln City? Florence might be good, since 126 goes inland to Eugene from there.