Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bandon, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Canada's 99 was the counterpart of US 99. There's room in your heart for more than 101, right? C'mon, give ol' 99 some love. It was decommissioned just like 66 and needs all it can get.

Once Bandon is finished do you think they might eventually slap one in between there and Lincoln City? Florence might be good, since 126 goes inland to Eugene from there.

I would not think that they would put a Supercharger in Florence. It's only 145 miles from Lincoln City to Bandon, and less than that from Eugene to either of those towns.

I'd love to hear a personal account of its operation as I'm headed down for a golf trip in a week. Great addition, wish it was at the resort though.

I'm still mystified by the lack of chargers at Bandon Dunes.

If you charge up to 90% in Springfield and take Hwy 38 to the coast, you should have about 20-30 percent by the time you hit Bandon. The charger is only 5-10 minutes from the golf course.

I'm still mystified by the lack of chargers at Bandon Dunes.

If you charge up to 90% in Springfield and take Hwy 38 to the coast, you should have about 20-30 percent by the time you hit Bandon. The charger is only 5-10 minutes from the golf course.

Sitting at the charger now, took me about 160 to get to resort from springfield. Rainy round and 9 minutes afterwards to charger.

Attachments

• IMG_20161114_170309.jpg
    IMG_20161114_170309.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_20161114_170350.jpg
    IMG_20161114_170350.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 142
Had some time to kill before my round this morning so I came back to charge. Anyone know why the charge rate would be so much lower today vs Monday? Averaging 24kw. I've tried three different chsrgerscsnd all are the same.... No other cars here.

Attachments

• IMG_20161116_080542.jpg
    IMG_20161116_080542.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 143
I need to just take a weekend and play that course. Do they allow 18 handicap duffers without knowing a member?

The four 18 hole courses and one 14 hole par 3 course at Bandon Dunes. Each of the four 18s is world class -- and public. You don't need a member to get you on. However, these are serious courses and if you're playing at peak times during the summer, an 18 handicapper who doesn't play regularly won't enjoy being hassled by marshals telling you to pick up the pace. You could play in the middle of the day when most of the golfers are having lunch in between rounds.

One other very important warning -- all of these courses are walking only. There are no motorized carts on the premises, save one that needs to be reserved months in advance and only for a showing of genuine medical necessity. You can hire a caddy or take a pull cart if you don't want to carry your bag, but you have to walk.

Reactions: Fresh Start Detail
The four 18 hole courses and one 14 hole par 3 course at Bandon Dunes. Each of the four 18s is world class -- and public. You don't need a member to get you on. However, these are serious courses and if you're playing at peak times during the summer, an 18 handicapper who doesn't play regularly won't enjoy being hassled by marshals telling you to pick up the pace. You could play in the middle of the day when most of the golfers are having lunch in between rounds.

One other very important warning -- all of these courses are walking only. There are no motorized carts on the premises, save one that needs to be reserved months in advance and only for a showing of genuine medical necessity. You can hire a caddy or take a pull cart if you don't want to carry your bag, but you have to walk.
Great info thanks!

visited bandon dunes this past weekend... coming from grant's pass, had about 30% SOC, driving aggressively. Stopped by the bandon SC before i headed to the resort. Empty. 95kw.. charged to 185 miles, 77%. Used it for the next 4 days at the resort to shuttle around. Left with 160 miles. Stopped by the empty SC for a just in case top off... got 15 miles in maybe 15 minutes... 50kw or so... cold and high SOC. Good thing, cuz I took a wrong turn in the middle of nowhere, and went probably 7 miles before realizing and turning around. (little worried due to no cell service either... praying i could find my way back without google maps). so wasted 15 miles, while driving aggressively, and in the rain. made it to grant's pass with 9 miles remaining going mostly 65-70 mph.

But the way to go is to do a full charge before you hit the resort... should last your stay and trip back to first SC. I wish i stayed an extra 20 min before heading to the resort to get over 200 and give me some piece of mind.